Keypad locked and can't unlock Blackberry Bold
Dan27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I must have accidentally hit a key while the device was in my pocket.  I have a display that says "Keypad is locked.  Press the lock button to unlock".  What button is this?  The book says use the "*A key but this does not work.  There is no key identified as the lock key.  How do I unlock the keypad for this device?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keypad locked and can't unlock Blackberry Bold
Dan27
Enthusiast - Level 1

For my version of the Blackberry Bold the lock button is located on top of the device not on the side.  The local Verizon store helped me.  The A key does not work regardless of what the user manual says.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Try pressing the "A" key then the green phone icon and see if that works.

0 Likes
Dan27
Enthusiast - Level 1

For my version of the Blackberry Bold the lock button is located on top of the device not on the side.  The local Verizon store helped me.  The A key does not work regardless of what the user manual says.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
hweissri

Like the othe post I have accidentally hit a key while the device was in my pocket.  The message basically reads "Keypad is locked.  Press the lock button to unlock".  What button is this? Pressing A key and then green does not work...What do I do.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

hweissri wrote:

Like the othe post I have accidentally hit a key while the device was in my pocket.  The message basically reads "Keypad is locked.  Press the lock button to unlock".  What button is this? Pressing A key and then green does not work...What do I do.

While holding your device and it is facing you, look at the top left of the Bold.  You will see a small lock.  Press there.  That should unlock your keypad.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes