Droid X2 restarts on its own
KEGong

Got my Droid X2 last week, and I am loving this phone, aside from one rather annoying issue.

In the 7 days that I have owned this phone, it has restarted on its own at least 5 times. Three of those times, it's been in the morning right when my wake up alarm goes off (but not plugged in charging) and I swipe to turn off the alarm, instead of going to my home screen, the screen blanks and the Droid Eye pops up.

Also worth noting is that when these resets happen, I don't get the usual "Preparing" SD and internal storage alerts from when I tell the phone to restart, and all my radios seemingly turn off for a few seconds (all my widgets lose their connection).

Any ideas or suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 restarts on its own
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Please consider using teh SEARCH ability of these forums. Your issue has been reported many times. Here is a link that is about 10 below your thread,.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Droid-X-turns-itself-quot-ON-quot-after-Gingerbread-...

oh, and Welcome to the group.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Cody... I think they have a DROID X2 and not the original Droid X.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Ah, I missed that ...   and the DX2 probably didn't get GB yet?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nope, still running FroYo.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KerG

I'm having the same problems. It happens while playing music as well. A song will be playing and all of a sudden it simply restarts. Except my problems don't simply stop at bad restarts, the video camera is so choppy!!! 

0 Likes