Bad service, avoid moving to 4G, its been a nightmare and no one care at Verizon
lousyservice

Wow, what a story, 3 years+ no issues with the Mifi 3 g, swtich to 4 g, on the Samsung device, replaced once in a week didnt work, now i am travelling need it have no internet, so VErizon overnights me the  MIFI 4 G, cause I would  accept the Samsung, and they send wrong battery, no SIM card and it I am still shut down...I call they say, sorry, will ship you another one...really? I am in Indy, no Center City Stores...so I either drive 8 miles to get it fixed...or tough luck...I have  trade show tomorrow, and NO internet, even though I spend 60 + month, and another 250+month on cell....GOOD BYE VERIZON now I am told to wait 24-48 hours for a return call...REALLY?   is that REALLY service, off to post same on Facebook, and such, these companies are too large, I spend $3,000 plus a year and dont have internet, and i keep hearing sorry, it dont work, sorry we sent you the wrong thing, SORRY?  BAD BAD SERVICE

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad service, avoid moving to 4G, its been a nightmare and no one care at Verizon
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

lousyservice wrote:

Wow, what a story, 3 years+ no issues with the Mifi 3 g, swtich to 4 g, on the Samsung device, replaced once in a week didnt work, now i am travelling need it have no internet, so VErizon overnights me the  MIFI 4 G, cause I would  accept the Samsung, and they send wrong battery, no SIM card and it I am still shut down...I call they say, sorry, will ship you another one...really? I am in Indy, no Center City Stores...so I either drive 8 miles to get it fixed...or tough luck...I have  trade show tomorrow, and NO internet, even though I spend 60 + month, and another 250+month on cell....GOOD BYE VERIZON now I am told to wait 24-48 hours for a return call...REALLY?   is that REALLY service, off to post same on Facebook, and such, these companies are too large, I spend $3,000 plus a year and dont have internet, and i keep hearing sorry, it dont work, sorry we sent you the wrong thing, SORRY?  BAD BAD SERVICE

Thank you for your feedback. I am sending you a private message to address your concerns. Please respond to the message. I do care about your concerns. However, I would need to review the specifics on your account to assist further. Also, depending on the circumstances, a 24 to 48 hour time frame maybe needed as a around time for working on a issue and making a callback.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bad service, avoid moving to 4G, its been a nightmare and no one care at Verizon
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

lousyservice wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. I am sending you a private message to address your concerns. Please respond to the message. I do care about your concerns. However, I would need to review the specifics on your account to assist further. Also, depending on the circumstances, a 24 to 48 hour time frame maybe needed as a around time for working on a issue and making a callback.  

0 Likes
doobeedoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would love to hear the outcome of this story.  Please post a follow-up, Lousy!

0 Likes
bfmcvs1

I am in the same boat. I use to have the Mifi 3G from Novatel and upgraded to the Samsung 4G. If I'm using it at work on 4G only I have no issues but when I am at home in a 3G area only the connection will constantly disconnect every 3-5 minutes which is extremely annoying when trying to do anything.

I have 2 of the Samsung 4G devices and its the same problem on both. I have called Tech Support several times and have yet to get a real answer as to why its occuring. The only thing that Tech Support has told me is in a 3G area only the 4G device will constantly look for a 4G signal even when connected to 3G. Essentially they are telling me this is the reason for the disconnects and they know they are having issues with it. They also admit that this should work seamlessly and not interupt the 3G connection.

Just frustrating when you spend nearly $400 a month with VZW only to have 2 of your devices not work more then 5 minutes. I am tired of resetting to factory defaults, rebooting PC's. rebooting the device, going through the configuration page and calling tech support. I just want my devices to work as they should based on the amount of money I'm paying. Extremely frustrated and at the point I am ready to switch.

I now wish I had kept my original 3G mifi's . They were flawless for nearly 3 years.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bfmcvs1:

I do understand how frustrating it would be to upgrade to a, supposedly, faster type of data device and not be able to get the expected use out of it.

I would be happy to assist you and ensure we resolve this issue for you!  I would need to ask you a few questions to determine what is causing the device to constantly disconnect.

When you are using this device at home and experiencing these disconnects, what operating system is running on your computer?  There may be a setting in your Network and Security settings that we may need to change in order for the wireless hotspot to maintain a steady connection.  Private message me that information so I can further troubleshoot for you.

0 Likes
lousyservice

note to verizon: 

DO NOT LIST THIS AS RESOLVED, YOU HAVE SENT ME EMAIL TO CALL YOU AND EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM...CAN YOU NOT READ...I HAVE NO INTERNET WORKING FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW.....

YOU REPLACED MY NON-WORKING UNIT WITH THE NEW MIFI 4G, AND SENT WRONG BATTERY AND NO SIM CARD...I AM FORCEED TO RETURN OLD NON-WORKING UNIT, BECAUSE YOU THREATEN TO CHARGE ME 500.00 IN EMAILS EVERY 2 DAYS, AND YET YOU DONT RESPOND...???????   WHEN I AM TRAVELLING AND YOU OVERNIGHT IT TO FIX IT AND SENT ME PIECES THAT DIDNT MATCH BATTERY FOR WRONG UNIT, ETC........YOU DIDNT GET THAT THIS WAS URGENT 3 WEEKS AGO?....REALLY?.....HELP.......VERIZON HAS THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EVER SEEN, PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL ME......

0 Likes