Fascinate keeps taking screen shots!
randallg

Since the 2.2 update, my Fascinate will take a screen shot when I push the on/off button to close down the display.  I hear this click like I've taken a picture with the camera.  This happens at least 6 times each day.  I've gone into the camera mode to see if the pictures are saved so I can delete, but nothing there.  What's up with that?  I haven't upgraded to ED04 yet because some of my friends are having even more problems since upgrading from ED01.  Ayone else having this issue?  If so, were you able to get it to stop?

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate keeps taking screen shots!
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine does the same thing, very annoying.  My phone locks up, but that's nothing unusual, it's been doing that since I bought this crappy phone.  It started locking up since I got it a few months ago.  Verizon is very much aware of the problems Samsung phones have.  I've gone through 4  "CERTIFIED"  Pre owned phones.  Definatly wasn't worth the $199 I paid for it.

ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Z4driver,

Have you also performed the update to the ED04 software version? In addition, are you running any third party applications for the camera on your device? If so, I would recommend uninstalling, and then monitor the device to see if it is still happening. If you have not performed the update, please follow the steps below to do so. 

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press About Phone (need to scroll down, it is listed at the bottom)

Press System Updates

If this is still happening, you could also complete a battery pull of the device, or a soft reset. You will not lose any of your data by doing this. Just remove the battery when the phone is powered on, then wait 60 seconds. Once this time has elapsed, re-attach the battery and power the phone back on. 

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any additional concerns. We are happy to assist you. 

0 Likes
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I did the update, it said " NO NEW UPDATES AVAILABLE"

erybin01

My phone does the same thing... Sometimes it dims the screen like it should and other times it takes a screen shot when I push the power button. The only way I've found to get it to go from screen shot to actually dimming the screen is to go into an app or something and then get back to the home screen then try again. I've had my phone both hard reset and soft reset at least four times each... it hasn't solved the issue. And I also checked for new updates.. none are available.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm so fed up with Verizon & this Samsung phone.  I haven't been able to enjoy using it at all.  Verizon needs to step up & do something to fix  all the problems we've been puttung up with.  I don't want to talk to the Verizon people monitering this site.  I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, it's just how I feel.  I'm not paying over $100 a month to have them walk me through fixing it myself.  I need a cell phone that works. 

Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why does most of the Samsung Fascinate threads say SOLVED when they're not???????

Our phones still don't work the way they're supposed to!!!!!!

0 Likes
jamdev

My current phone (and the previous one which was even worse) will automagically hit the home or back button for me.  Sometimes it just goes freakin' nuts.  The problem with the screen shot is because the phone thinks the back button is being held down and when you hit the side button, it snaps the picture.  Mine does this, too, and I am not happy at all about it.  I got the phone when it originally came out for $300, and the customer support and service has been awful.  The in-store rep did a factory reset on my phone without backing it up and lost a bunch of contacts (I had just been to a conference).  Unacceptable.

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having this same problem. It was very frustrating. I had to fix it myself. I have Titanium backup installed on my phone. I tried to uninstall the screen capture service but it would not let me. I ended up just freezing the screen capture process within the Titanium backup app. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

knully wrote:

I was having this same problem. It was very frustrating. I had to fix it myself. I have Titanium backup installed on my phone. I tried to uninstall the screen capture service but it would not let me. I ended up just freezing the screen capture process within the Titanium backup app. Hope this helps.

Problem is that most of us don't have Titanium Back due to one needs to do something to their phone before you can install the backup software
0 Likes