what do blocked text users see?
holden190

I blocked someone's text messages. Can you tell me what they see when they try to send one?

Do they get a message that text messages from their number are blocked?

0 Likes
Re: what do blocked text users see?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Not sure myself, but I am pretty sure that the question has been asked before and most likely in the messaging section of this community.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Messaging-Text-Picture-IM-etc/bd-p/Messaging

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

From what I was told recently that the message just returns undeliverable. I haven't tried it myself to verify.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

I'd like to know this myself... I know numbers whose calls are blocked get a message saying they were blocked. Which I really hate, I wish I could block people without them knowing I purposely blocked them.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am reverse, I want everyone I block to know that I did it so  they will give up, I learned if the person think it was of error they just use another phone or block number.  But I guess a option to annouce or not would be a nice option.

bearone21
Legend

if send to one person who has me blocked, the message does not return.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Wildman wrote:

I am reverse, I want everyone I block to know that I did it so  they will give up, I learned if the person think it was of error they just use another phone or block number.  But I guess a option to annouce or not would be a nice option.

The only person I have blocked is the exact opposite. They heard that I had blocked them, so they started using EVERYONE elses phones to try to call me. VERY annoying... I wish it would just say the number was no longer active or something.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I tested this option with my spare device and it appears there isnt any notification for a user that text message has been blocked, the user just doesnt get the message sent to the device..

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the information everyone. Blocked individuals who call a customer will hear the message: 

"Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call".

However, if the person sends a text or picture message, it will not be delivered but no message will appear.