All calls go straight to voicemail
cobaltboatfan

Hello to everyone and thanks for the forum!  Just got my new I-phone 4G and noticed that all my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail.  I haven't contacted Verizon yet, thought I'd see if it might be something simple first.  I've checked the volume settings (OK), re-booted the phone (no-change), turned off Wi-Fi (same problem).

My wife's new I-phone 4G is fine.

Anybody have any idea's or suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: All calls go straight to voicemail
Michaelvzn
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
gemro311

Have you ever used Google Voice and set up your voice mail thru that. If so , you need to install google voice and go thru the set process. . You might want to contact Verizon and see of your calls are being forwarded to different number ...good luck

0 Likes
cobaltboatfan

I just used whatever system came with the phone to set up voicemail.  I must say that I wasn't pleased by the service at my Verizon store.  The store rep activated my phones, transferred the contact info from my Blackberries, placed the phones back in their boxes, said thanks, and walked off.  I was hoping for a test run of all basic functions and a few explanations of how the phone worked.  Oh well, I guess that's what passes for customer service these days.  Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes
Michaelvzn
Contributor - Level 1

i did a search on the forums and noticed this post, maybe it will help

http://community.vzw.com/t5/iPhone-4/incoming-calls-go-directly-to-voicemail/m-p/455584#M23462

0 Likes