Mobile hotspot app not working on Droid Charge
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2
My mobile hotspot app stopped working today. When I click on the app the screen flashes for a second then nothing happens. I get the same result when going to settings, wireless network, mobile hotspot. It's like the link to the app is broken or the app is gone. I have removed the battery and restarted several times with no luck.

How do I reinstall the app or fix this?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile hotspot app not working on Droid Charge
Not applicable

Thanks Verizon Wireless community for all of your responses! 

We have identified the root cause of the software issue on the Samsung Charge causing the mobile hotspot to close. Great news! A software update is now available and will be pushed over the air daily. You will get notification that an update is available on your device. 

For more information on the software update and instructions, please visit:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/charge.html

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sbantco
Same thing started happening to my Droid Charge hotspot app today as well.
0 Likes
Ray999
Contributor - Level 1

Broke on both mine and my Wife's :smileysad: Guess June 15th came early this year.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

The hotspot doesn't work on any Charge.... I just got my Charge last night as a replacement for my Thunderbolt and was very disappointed to find the hotspot did work. I called tech support and went in to a store to confirm that floor models and employee Charges are all inop. So don't reset or replace your Charge it's going to fail on all of them. 

0 Likes
byrnsey88

I fixed mine. Just change the date to May.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

byrnsey88 wrote:

I fixed mine. Just change the date to May.

God I hope thats a joke 😄 So are you paying for it now?

0 Likes
byrnsey88

No it is real. I had it up and running. Went and changed the date to get it from the carrier and the hotspot closed.

0 Likes
bradster
Thanks. This got mine working again too. Thanks for the temporary fix since Verizon couldn't help me when i needed it!
0 Likes
clayk85

Actually, setting the date back one month worked for me too.  That's pretty surprising, but thanks tons for the answer that they couldn't provide.  Now just to make sure that they don't "update" my phone again without me knowing to correct your temporary fix!

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

WOW! I just changed the date to May and Boom hotspot works. Is that a joke? VZWsupport wrote me on twitter saying their top engineers have it listed as an open issue still.... I'm not a programer or developer by any means but you would think that if the hotspot works fine with the date changed wouldn't overriding or rewriting that part of the software be fairly easy for a big company like Verizon????

0 Likes