voice mail setup
freddyfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone having trouble setting up voice mail  Instructions said to touch phone icon then voicemail button and the hit set up.  But when i touch voice mail button it calls the message management system which i can not access my voicemail from.  Anyone else see this

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voice mail setup
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided instructions below on how to set up VoiceMail on your IPhone.  If you continue to have issues, please contact our customer service department.   

Our Customer Service Department is open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., daily. If you wish to speak to a representative, please call *611 from your wireless handset or 800-922-0204 from a landline phone.

Visual Voicemail
On iPhone, visual voicemail lets you see a list of your messages and choose which ones to listen to or delete, without having to listen to instructions or prior messages.
Note: Visual voicemail may not be available in all countries or regions, or may be an optional service. Contact your carrier for more information. If visual voicemail isn’t available, tap Voicemail and follow the voice prompts to retrieve your messages.
Number of missed calls and unheard voicemail messages appears on the Home screen Phone icon.
Setting Up Voicemail
The first time you tap Voicemail, iPhone prompts you to create a voicemail password and record your voicemail greeting.
Change your greeting:
1 Tap Voicemail, tap Greeting, then tap Custom.
2 Tap Record when you’re ready to start.
3 When you finish, tap Stop. To review, tap Play.
To rerecord, repeat steps 2 and 3.
4 Tap Save.
Use your carrier’s default greeting
Tap Voicemail, tap Greeting, then tap Default.
Set an alert sound for new voicemail
In Settings, choose Sounds and turn New Voicemail on. The alert sounds once for each new voicemail. If the Ring/Silent switch is off, iPhone won’t sound alerts.
Change the voicemail password
In Settings, choose Phone > Change Voicemail Password.

Visual Voicemail

On iPhone, visual voicemail lets you see a list of your messages and choose which ones to listen to or delete, without having to listen to instructions or prior messages.Note: Visual voicemail may not be available in all countries or regions, or may be an optional service. Contact your carrier for more information. If visual voicemail isn’t available, tap Voicemail and follow the voice prompts to retrieve your messages.

Number of missed calls and unheard voicemail messages appears on the Home screen Phone icon. 

Setting Up Voicemail 

The first time you tap Voicemail, iPhone prompts you to create a voicemail password and record your voicemail greeting.

Change your greeting:  

3 When you finish, tap Stop. To review, tap Play. To rerecord, repeat steps 2 and 3.

4 Tap Save.

In Settings, choose Sounds and turn New Voicemail on. The alert sounds once for each new voicemail. If the Ring/Silent switch is off, iPhone won’t sound alerts.

Thank You

View solution in original post

0 Likes
artistandi

I have the same issue.  Not sure what to do about this?  When I figure it out I'll let you know.

0 Likes
freddyfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

i ended up having to call cs.  Something in their system was off and once they synced things it worked instantly.  

0 Likes
4everis2morro
Enthusiast - Level 1

i've been on the phone with cs for over an hour now trying to figure this out, why is it so difficult... in there defense though, most of that hour, i've been on hold...

it seems to me they would know how to work their system and keep it running... when i call *86 or my phone it just tells me to enter a mailbox number or # if i have a mailbox, either way when i enter my number as the mailbox number it says mailbox isn't found, but i went through all the steps that came with my iphone and so far everything cs has told me to do, i did on my own last night trying...

this is starting to become a little rediculous, and i don't have all day to sit on hold...

*frustrated*

KG123

I am having the same problem and have called in several times as well trying to get this resolved.  No luck yet.  I am also having trouble with phone calls coming in that are in my iphone contacts showing up as UNKNOWN.   I plan to call back to Verizon tomorrow to resolve.

0 Likes
GaryMcConkey

I'm having the same problem

0 Likes
OSUguy81

Since I'm getting the iphone on monday, I wanted to check with those of you who already have it: Do you HAVE To have visual voicemail, or is there an actual call in vm box? (I apologize if this was asked before, etc)  I am just curious since I had VZW set up V-VM so I could get my existing messages saved, but I don't really have a reason to keep it beyond when I get the iPhone if I don't need it.  Any help would be great!

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided instructions below on how to set up VoiceMail on your IPhone.  If you continue to have issues, please contact our customer service department.   

Our Customer Service Department is open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., daily. If you wish to speak to a representative, please call *611 from your wireless handset or 800-922-0204 from a landline phone.

Visual Voicemail
On iPhone, visual voicemail lets you see a list of your messages and choose which ones to listen to or delete, without having to listen to instructions or prior messages.
Note: Visual voicemail may not be available in all countries or regions, or may be an optional service. Contact your carrier for more information. If visual voicemail isn’t available, tap Voicemail and follow the voice prompts to retrieve your messages.
Setting Up Voicemail
Change your greeting:
3 When you finish, tap Stop. To review, tap Play.
To rerecord, repeat steps 2 and 3.
4 Tap Save.

Visual Voicemail

On iPhone, visual voicemail lets you see a list of your messages and choose which ones to listen to or delete, without having to listen to instructions or prior messages.Note: Visual voicemail may not be available in all countries or regions, or may be an optional service. Contact your carrier for more information. If visual voicemail isn’t available, tap Voicemail and follow the voice prompts to retrieve your messages.

Setting Up Voicemail 

Change your greeting:  

3 When you finish, tap Stop. To review, tap Play. To rerecord, repeat steps 2 and 3.

4 Tap Save.

Thank You

0 Likes
mesanger

Is there an option for iphone4 to record just your NAME with a pre-recorded message?

Like "JOHN SMITH" is not available. Please leave your message.

0 Likes
maxel5234

I was having this same issue...just got it fixed today.  What you have to do is call the Verizon Customer Service Line and let them know that they need to look at your "pointing numbers" and have them re-aligned to your new device.  I was told today that if you your previous device was very very old (like mine was) and you go to an iPhone or Android the "pointing numbers" that send calls to your voicemail box sometimes don't transfer over, and it has to be re-aligned by the Customer Service Rep calling the iPhone and sending a code.... so bottom line, call Customer Service from a phone other than the iPhone so the call can be made and it can get its code update... hope this helps because it fixed my problem!!

0 Likes