No internet with Droid X2
Rkin56

First question is this phone WiFi ONLY? My old phone which was a blackberry could access the internet at my house without all this wifi, tethering, etc nonsense.

I cannot get any WiFi connection at my house. Is there a way to connect to net without WiFi or am I going to have to get a different phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No internet with Droid X2
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your feedback tcmpdx. Where exactly were you traveling at when you had the issues with no internet access? Are you still experiencing the issues? Depending on your location, this can contribute to the connection issue. I would try power cycling your device to refresh connections to see if it allows you internet access. I am providing a link to our coverage map that perhaps address your concerns of where you were traveling to see if there was coverage in that location. Please put in your location or zip code to check the coverage location. You could also put in the areas were you were traveling to then be provided with coverage information from those areas as well. The link is: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

You have a Droid X2 ? Internet access is via EITHER WiFi (if you turn it on) or the 3G data connection. If you turn WiFi on, it won't use 3G ...  So make sure WiFi is turned OFF to use 3G.

Of maybe you have an incorrect SETTING ?   Settings / Wireless & Network Settings /  Mobile Networks  ...  do you have that in HOME ONLY or Automatic?  Should be AUTO.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There's no 3G symbol next to the signal bars at the top of phone display? The phone has been activated properly? Dial * 228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to Verizon network.

Start there and see what happens.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rkin56

No 3g symbol. Mobile networks set to auto, wifi off, still nothing. I will try to reactivate it again and or do a factory reset.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Very strange ...  yea, I'd try that *228 + 1 thing (again).  Also, option 2 will reset your "tower access" points. But you should AT least have a 3G signal to start with. Where did you get the phone? a Verizon store? online?  if none of that works and it's brand new  (<14 days old), I'd take it to verizon and get a new replacement. If > 14 days, you can get a CPO.

0 Likes
Rkin56

From Verizon online, should have known it was messed up when it was dialing 1 by itself repeatedly when I firsted started the phone up. Most likely sending it back ive done it all and still no 3g.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Have you tried a HARD RESET? 

Boot in Recovery Mode Wipe: - Wipes system configuration settings and loads default settings but keeps personal data saved on system, normally used to recover from a none boot status without loosing personal data.  There is times that Personal Data gets wiped also with this process..

Power Device Off First.....

1. Hold Home Button and press power

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far RIGHT Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

Note: Use volume up and down to select opinion and use camera button as Enter,,,

(thanks Wildman)

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2
Im thinking network issue I had no 3g or 1 x by the bars last night either for about 6 hrs but could still call and text but the web didn't work unless on wifi about 5am today it stopped and went to normal maybe it was network maintenance
0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information provided. Rkin56, is the Internet on your device still not working after following the steps provided by the community? If so, please send me a private message with your mobile number and I will contact you directly to resolve this issue. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
tcmpdx
I am having a similar issue. No internet since morning of 5/25. Have tried the recommendations here and all three connection types (global, coma, amt). I am travelling, but problem started before I left home. Wifi, phone, and text ok. Lenna can you help?
0 Likes