Setup Wizard all mucked up: Can't activate phone.
HoboSpider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got my phone today and did the following:

(memory and sim were pre installed)

1) installed battery.

2) Plugged into wall outlet to charge.

3) Turned on phone for first time --> setup wizard started up automatically (as expected)

4) Selected Language (English)

5) At this point I decided to disconnect usb cord from wall outlet and move to computer's usb (since it's closer)

6) new USB device detected on computer (asks if I want to install drivers).

a) I say yes.

b) It can't find appropriate drivers, so I say screw it, and I plug back into wall so I can finish activating phone.

7) now my phone gives me the following message and won't let me do anything else:

Setup Wizard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phone Activation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a problem with activating your phone. Please restart and try again, or contact customer service.

[  Emergency Call (911)  ]                                                    [  Restart Phone  ]

Any ideas on how I can start this process all over again? I've already removed battery, memory, and sim card from phone and then put them back in to see if that would help but it didn't seem to do anything.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setup Wizard all mucked up: Can't activate phone.
HoboSpider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind. The issue was that I hadn't Activated the 4G LTE SIM card yet. Smiley Happy  I was refering to the "Master Your Device" booklet included in the packaging and it never mentioned this step. After filing through all the contents that were included in the package I recieved from Verizon I finally came accross the sheet that instructs you to "Activate your 4G LTE SIM card." (single sheet with Red border inside the Getting Started pamphlet)    

---------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR - Needed to call 1.877.807.4646 to activate SIM card.

View solution in original post

Re: Setup Wizard all mucked up: Can't activate phone.
HoboSpider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind. The issue was that I hadn't Activated the 4G LTE SIM card yet. Smiley Happy  I was refering to the "Master Your Device" booklet included in the packaging and it never mentioned this step. After filing through all the contents that were included in the package I recieved from Verizon I finally came accross the sheet that instructs you to "Activate your 4G LTE SIM card." (single sheet with Red border inside the Getting Started pamphlet)    

---------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR - Needed to call 1.877.807.4646 to activate SIM card.