Initializing Sim Card? (on startup)
js2093

When i turn on my phone recently the phone says "initializing sim card" with the clock symbol and then goes to the home screen. Normally it turned on without this message.

What does this mean and how can i get rid of it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Initializing Sim Card? (on startup)
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Simply take the Sim card out and you will not get this message any more.  You do not need the Sim card, unless you plan to travel overseas.  Hope that helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you are using your Blackberry, it's likely because your phone is set to global mode. You can modify this to not use the SIM card at all by going into Manage Connections Icon> Mobile Network Options> Network Technology> 1X/EVDO.  If you travel outside of the country regularly, be sure to change it back.

Let us know if this answers your question. 

0 Likes
Fingerlakes48
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine just started doing the same thing after the latest software update. It reset itself to global and i reset it to your above suggestion but it continues to do it.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Fingerlakes48 wrote:

Mine just started doing the same thing after the latest software update. It reset itself to global and i reset it to your above suggestion but it continues to do it.

Hey,

Take out the SIM card and you will not ever get that message again.  You do not need the Sim Card in the US.

Doc

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

I have submitted your findings to RIM/Blackberry to what needs to be done to resolve this message outside of removing the SIM card.

0 Likes