Bluetooth - Won't Connect to HTC Incredible 2
normk

I tried connecting my JabraBT135 Bluetooth device to my new Incredible 2 but it does not find or pair it when scanning for the device.  It pairs almost instantly with my old flip phone.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

NormK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth - Won't Connect to HTC Incredible 2
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

slave2droid,

I understand your concern regarding the Bluetooth technology working properly with your car's Bluetooth service!

I can support Bluetooth functionality with our Bluetooth headsets, however, for automobiles this would be supported by the car manufacturer.  I am including a link for your vehicles support site, and I'm confident they will be able to assist you.

"HandsFreeLink Support"

Hope this information is helpful and addresses your concern!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

You have the Incredible 2 already? Me <------Jealous!  No worries about this being a known issue.  It is most likely because your JabraBT135 is not in pairing mode.  Phones will only discover devices that are discoverable.  To put your device into discoverable or pairing mode, please see this link:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/Bluetooth Note:  Look under Droid and not HTC.  It is also very important to turn off your old phone if it has an active Bluetooth connection to the JabraBT135.  Bluetooth devices generally can only connect to 1 device at a time.  

The steps I think you need to concentrate on are the following in the guide:

• Start with your Bluetooth headset powered off
  • Hold down the Answer/End key for 6 seconds. Light will turn solid blue.
  • Release Answer/End key, Light will remain unchanged.
  • Your Bluetooth accessory is now in pairing mode and ready to be paired with your handset.
0 Likes
templetonryecy

MikeS_VZW wrote:

You have the Incredible 2 already? Me <------Jealous!  No worries about this being a known issue.  It is most likely because your JabraBT135 is not in pairing mode.  Phones will only discover devices that are discoverable.  To put your device into discoverable or pairing mode, please see this link:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/Bluetooth Note:  Look under Droid and not HTC.  It is also very important to turn off your old phone if it has an active Bluetooth connection to the JabraBT135.  Bluetooth devices generally can only connect to 1 device at a time.  

The steps I think you need to concentrate on are the following in the guide:

• Start with your Bluetooth headset powered off
  • Hold down the Answer/End key for 6 seconds. Light will turn solid blue.
  • Release Answer/End key, Light will remain unchanged.
  • Your Bluetooth accessory is now in pairing mode and ready to be paired with your handset.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue, and you'll see it popping up on Android forums across the net in relation to the D-Inc2.

As I stated in another thread, the Droid Incredible 2 will not maintain a connection to my 2011 GMC Terrian hands free calling. My Droid Incredible 1 and iPhone work just fine. The connection keeps going in and out, and ultimately, is unusable. 

For what it is worth, I had the HTC Thunderbolt for a week and it always would not maintain a connection with my Terrain - kept connecting and disconnecting. It must be the software or firmware HTC is using with these newer devices that is causing the issues.

Verizon - please continue to escalate this issue to HTC. Hands free bluetooth calling (and bluetooth connectivity in general) is a very important feature, especially in regards to safety, and it is essential HTC get this working asap. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi templetonryecy:

I was giving him some info on pairing with his Bluetooth headset.  I was not aware of any issues with pairing with a vehicle, but I just checked our open issues, and we are investigating Bluetooth and vehicle pairing on the Incredible 2. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Have you tested this with a Bluetooth headset, or is it specifically with a vehicle?

Thanks again!

0 Likes
templetonryecy

MikeS_VZW wrote:

Hi templetonryecy:

I was giving him some info on pairing with his Bluetooth headset.  I was not aware of any issues with pairing with a vehicle, but I just checked our open issues, and we are investigating Bluetooth and vehicle pairing on the Incredible 2. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Have you tested this with a Bluetooth headset, or is it specifically with a vehicle?

Thanks again!

Hi Mike,

I have only tried one other headset with the D-Inc2, that of a friend, and it worked great. I do not remember the brand/model however. 

The issue I am having appears to be with the software of the D-Inc2 and its incompatibiltity with certain vehicles - in my case, the 2011 GMC Terrain. I'm reading on the internet that others are having issues with other vehicles. It is frustrating because all other phones I've tried, with the exception of the HTC Thunderbolt, pair perfectly with my Terrain (iPhone 4, Blackberry, HTC Droid Incredible 1, Motorolda Droid 2).

Whatever update HTC made to the software/firmware on Thunderbolts and D-Inc2's has caused some incapatibilities and issues.

Thank you for your support and for escalating the issue; hopefully more people report this and HTC issues a fix soon.

0 Likes
templetonryecy

For reference, you'll see in this thread that many Thunderbolt owners are having the problem.

As a D-Inc2 owner, I am in the same boat.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google%20Mobile/thread?tid=40db405d551e5612&hl=en

0 Likes
Not applicable

I saw your link.  We will continue to look into this.  I will post any info as it comes to me about this issue.  Thanks for the additional information.  It helps isolate a bunch of variables.  Hopefully a fix comes quickly.

0 Likes
templetonryecy

Verizon Support,

Are you able to confirm if this issue has been excalated to HTC and if the gingerbread update will offer a fix? Currently my bluetooth is unusable in my 2011 GMC Terrain vehicle because of this issue. All other phones work correctly (including the Droid Incredible 1) and I've had several replacement Droid Incredible 2's and none work.

If HTC hasn't fixed this I will be extremely disappointed as I will not be able to safely make hands-free calls while driving using my in-car bluetooth.

To clarify - this issue is NOT user error. I've attempted every possible fix with no avail for my vehicles bluetooth. Many others are having this issue with other vehicles also. I can only hope they are reporting it and Verizon is escalating it...

If this is not fixed I will look to contact Verizon to negociate a new device. I bought the D-Inc 2 off-contract and this issue along with the N/S issue with GPS have been killers.

Thanks!

0 Likes
firezy

I
Have been pulling my hair out trying to get my Incredible 2 to stay paired with
my Cadillac SRX with navigation. It will pair, then fall out and back in and
out. I have had Verizon service to look and they say it is a GM problem, Gm
looks and says it is a Verizon or phone problem. I hope there will be an update
to repair this problem. It pairs with my old flip phone but not my Incredible 2
then it defaults to my On Star when it falls out and cost me On star minutes. I
talked to Cadillac and they say to get and Android update. What do I do now?

0 Likes
slave2droid

I just got the Droid Incredible 2 and it won't work properly with my 2009 Honda Accord.  It paired okay, will dial, but I have to put it into bluetooth mode manually and it will not transmit to my speakers rendering the bluetooth useless.  Glad to see that I am not alone, but I am extremely frustrated -- please advise of any fix.

0 Likes