How do I change the date and time on a Casio Commando?
Dabeatnik

Just got this phone Friday and haven't been able to change the date and time, it seems to be stuck on automatic and I have no idea what's keeping me from changing it. Going to settings doesn't work at akk.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing date and time on commando
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you rebooted the phone? Dialed *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone? EDIT: My phones have always switched time zones either after a reboot or after hitting several towers in from the edge of the time zone. If you are at the edge of a time zone you might still connect to a tower in neighboring time zone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Is it not displaying the correct time and date? Automatic means it is updating the clock from the towers.

Go to settings > date & time > view your options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dabeatnik
No, the choices for date & time are never highlighted, and the field for automatic won't let me remove the green check mark. There is no way to do this through settings on my phone for some reason.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
But why do you want to manually change unless the phone is not displaying the correct time now? The checkmark in the automatic line should stay active.

0 Likes
Dabeatnik
That's the point, I'm in a different time zone now and I NEED to change the time or else I wouldn't be asking lol
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you rebooted the phone? Dialed *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone? EDIT: My phones have always switched time zones either after a reboot or after hitting several towers in from the edge of the time zone. If you are at the edge of a time zone you might still connect to a tower in neighboring time zone.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello forum members,

I would like to thannk everybody for their replies. The Commando should change time zones automatically. As previously stated, power cycle your device & update the prl by dialing *228 & select option 2. If the issue persist, please respond back or send us a private nmesaage with a contact number so we can better assist,

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Dabeatnik

The mobile network is not available in the area I'm in.  The Casio commando is not a great phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If the mobile network signal is not strong enough for the phone to pick up the time, you can manually set the time.  Go to settings> date & time> uncheck automatic. This allows you to modify the time manually if the phone is in a no-service area.  

Thanks for posting.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MikeS_VZW wrote:

If the mobile network signal is not strong enough for the phone to pick up the time, you can manually set the time.  Go to settings> date & time> uncheck automatic. This allows you to modify the time manually if the phone is in a no-service area.  

Thanks for posting.

Mike,

I recently had a Casio G'zOne Commando in my hands this past weekend.  I finally get the problem the OP was having.  The option to uncheck automatic is grayed out.  Meaning the option to manually set the time was NOT available.

The image below is from a Droid Eris.  However on the Commando, the area I circled in red in the image in not available.  Can you please check on this with any Commando phones you can get your hands on?

Eris date & time-marked.png

0 Likes