Unable to send text messages
leapfrogg10

I can receive text messages from both Verizon and non-Verizon numbers, but none of my outgoing texts are being sent.  This started Saturday.  I was able to text again Sunday for a little while, but then they stopped going through again.  I have an LG Ally.  I've reset the phone - even restored factory settings.  After I did that, I was able to text but then it stopped.  Anybody else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to send text messages
jessilea

I have had this same problem.  but i was told that it was due to not getting signal from a verizon tower that i was pulling it from another tower but it just started happening on the 13th in the evening.  i hadnt ever had n e problems prior to that.  my text will work one minute and not the next.  they put in a trouble ticket and said it would take 72 hours to get it worked out but still nothing has changed. 

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Leapfrogg10,

Thank you for your inquiry. In asking a few questions, did you see any error messages when trying to send the text messages? Were you sending text messages to the same person or different people after resetting the phone? I would suggest trying to send a text message with manually entering the person's number. Please note any error messages. If it goes through, retry sending a text message using one of your contacts. If that message goes through, then ask the person of whom you sent the message to reply back to you. When the message is received back to you, send a reply back to that same person to see if the message goes back to that same person. These steps are suggested to help narrow down the problem and check the results. If these suggestions do not help, please send me a private message. I'll contact you back to personally assist you further. 

0 Likes
aesalomon

I had the same problem with my Droid. I think I just fixed it. Tech support reset my settings, I took out the battery, etc. None of that worked.

I went to my contacts list. Some of the people were linked to their facebook contact info so I deleted that and reentered their contact info without linking it to FB app and now it works. I dont know it it makes a difference but FB numbers were listed in the format   +1xxxxxxxxxx . For now it seems to have fixed things.

Alex

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

aesalomon wrote:

I had the same problem with my Droid. I think I just fixed it. Tech support reset my settings, I took out the battery, etc. None of that worked.

I went to my contacts list. Some of the people were linked to their facebook contact info so I deleted that and reentered their contact info without linking it to FB app and now it works. I dont know it it makes a difference but FB numbers were listed in the format   +1xxxxxxxxxx . For now it seems to have fixed things.

Alex

Hi!

I'm curious to know if this matter was resolved. 

0 Likes
macblue66

I activated my samsung charge yesterday and I am not able to send text message - it attempts to send the message and has a status of failed. Can someone provide any guidance?

Thanks

0 Likes
ldparris
Same problem here. It was like around midnight and all phones on my plan stopped sending and receiving text messages. Verizon must have done an update of some sort. I hope they get this resolved ASAP.
0 Likes
ldparris
Sorry didn't read the dates of the original post. This happened 6-21/22-2011. Like it says I'm a newbie 😕
0 Likes
flowerpower027

I too cannot send text. I can receive them but cannot send.  They just sit there and ask to retry, so I retry and nothing, it gave me an error one time but cannot remember what it said and it hasn't made it that far to get the error again.....

Their services cannot be down because another phone on my plan is not having any problems.  UGHHHHHH

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Please send me a personal message with your information (mobile number, name, a time of day that I can call). Thanks!

0 Likes