Droid HTC battery does not stay charged
ed8643

I have had this over a year and have been back to local dealer many times.  They keep telling me my battery is fine, but it does not stay charged.  I have tried everything from task killer to auto turn off--not sure what to do next except go to different phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid HTC battery does not stay charged
budone
Legend

I have GPS on 24/7. (2 of the three options. I do not have the VZW option checked) I average 4-5 hours of use with 19 hours of awake time. This is with the stock battery.

A weak signal can knock a battery down quicker. But it has to be very weak.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What do you have syncing and how often??? Dump the task killer, manually set the brightness......When looking at your UPTIME and AWAKE time, are the times close??? 

What shows as being the largest percentage user of the battery??? (It will be listed under the battery option under ABOUT PHONE.

0 Likes
johnhboyd

How long does your battery last?  In a weak cell signal area, and with GPS locator turned on, I can burn through 50% in just 2-4 hours. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I have GPS on 24/7. (2 of the three options. I do not have the VZW option checked) I average 4-5 hours of use with 19 hours of awake time. This is with the stock battery.

A weak signal can knock a battery down quicker. But it has to be very weak.

0 Likes