LG Ally shut off and won't turn back on
audge
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally shut off and won't turn back on
beezer

Mine did the same thing on Sunday around 5pm.

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

If you are still having problems, please reply to the private message that I am sending you.  I will call you to provide troubleshooting assistance. 

0 Likes
kmeds

Mines done this twice, and the second time is happening right now. Ive already gone to Verizon once and they did something to make it work, but that was only last week and here I am again with a none working phone.  The phone itself isnt even 3 months old yet and has been acting up since I got it. I dont know whats going on here, is it a technical problem?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I certainly understand that this issue is frustrating. Is the phone powering off when using any certain application, or just randomly? If it is with an application, I would recommend uninstalling the app. If it happens randomly. I would first try pulling out the battery and try to power the phone on again. There really aren't any settings that should cause the phone to power off on its own. It may be a software issue in the phone, but it is not a known issue with this device.

I will suggest doing a factory reset by going to Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset. This will wipe all your information. You will need your Gmail info to set the phone back up. Anything on your memory card will still be there. 

0 Likes
lhend23

Hi, I am having a similar problem.  I used my phone this morning, texting and searching the internet.  When I picked it back up later, it had turned off and will not turn back on.  I tried removing the battery, but nothing happened.  I also tried to do a factory reset- but nothing happened.  I can take it to the store on Monday, but am hoping that there may be something I can do in the meantime so that I can be in touch with people.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

lhend23 wrote:

Hi, I am having a similar problem.  I used my phone this morning, texting and searching the internet.  When I picked it back up later, it had turned off and will not turn back on.  I tried removing the battery, but nothing happened.  I also tried to do a factory reset- but nothing happened.  I can take it to the store on Monday, but am hoping that there may be something I can do in the meantime so that I can be in touch with people.  Thanks.

I definitely understand why you would want a quicker resolution. It has been a few days, so I am hoping this issue has been resolved. If not, and the phone will not complete a master reset, the only option would be to replace the phone. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

0 Likes