Duplicate Text Messages - Pantech Crux
bginda2g

Hello, I began receiving duplicate text messages once I upgraded to a Pantech Crux.  The duplicates are not labeled *duplicate message* like others, rather they are just received about 30 seconds after the original.

This happens regardless of sender but does not always happen.  It will also happen regardless of whether or not I read the first message before the duplicate arrives.

Is there any solution to this?  Will I be charged for all the duplicates?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Duplicate Text Messages - Pantech Crux
nateandbetsy

i have this same problem! very frustrating!!!! a solutiion would be great!

0 Likes
verdetr

Have the same problem.  Cell phone user in Chicago burbs.  Called into Customer Service last week.  Was told to power down the device.  Power up.  Dial *228 and reprogram the phone.  Meanwhile Verizon was refreshing my text settings on their side.  The fixed lasted 12 hours.  Now I'm getting double and sometimes triple text messages.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

verdetr wrote:

Have the same problem.  Cell phone user in Chicago burbs.  Called into Customer Service last week.  Was told to power down the device.  Power up.  Dial *228 and reprogram the phone.  Meanwhile Verizon was refreshing my text settings on their side.  The fixed lasted 12 hours.  Now I'm getting double and sometimes triple text messages.

Since you have reprogrammed your phone and customer service reviewed settings on your account, the next troubleshooting step will be to do a factory reset on your phone. For instructions please visit the link below:

Master Reset - Pantech Crux CDM8999

0 Likes
jmm823

Are you still receiving duplicate txt msgs? I've been having the same issue since May and I keep getting the run around. My husband and I have the same phones and first they told me they had to do a "network" update that was supposed to take place on June 27. I've still been receiving them. I called again last friday and the gentleman from tech support told me to do a device software update on my phone. I did that and I'm still getting double txts! Very frustrating!!! I've called around 7-8 times! Not getting anywhere with my problem! During the month of July I had gone over my txt limit and the lady I talked to gave me a higher text package and wasn't going to charge me the difference. But when she did that she canceled my text messaging package and I got billed $180 for text messaging! Not very happy with Verizon right now! We are debating if we should cancel our service thru them and go to another company!

0 Likes
jmm823
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

jmm823 wrote:

Are you still receiving duplicate txt msgs? I've been having the same issue since May and I keep getting the run around. My husband and I have the same phones and first they told me they had to do a "network" update that was supposed to take place on June 27. I've still been receiving them. I called again last friday and the gentleman from tech support told me to do a device software update on my phone. I did that and I'm still getting double txts! Very frustrating!!! I've called around 7-8 times! Not getting anywhere with my problem! During the month of July I had gone over my txt limit and the lady I talked to gave me a higher text package and wasn't going to charge me the difference. But when she did that she canceled my text messaging package and I got billed $180 for text messaging! Not very happy with Verizon right now! We are debating if we should cancel our service thru them and go to another company!

jmm823,

I definitely understand your frustrations and would like to assist with correcting this for you!  Our Product Development Team is aware of the issue and are working diligently to provide a permanent fix.  In the meantime, I would be happy to review your account and correct the text package and billing for you.  We definitely do not want you to have to consider leaving Verizon Wireless!  I will send you a message, and you can reply with the requested information.

Thank you again for your patience, and for choosing Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes
WinchLock

I posted in a thread in May regarding this issue and this issue still hasn't been resolved.  Luckily, I rarely send more than 5 text messages a day, so I haven't had issues regarding overages as of yet.  It would be very nice to see an update to fix this problem.

I want to note, my mother has the same model of phone as I, and has also been having the same issue regarding double text messages.  So I know it isn't just my phone doing it.  

It would seem that this is a software error in the coding for these phones or some error on the verizon networks related to this model of phone.

0 Likes
cruxsux

Has your issue been resolved?  I have this horrible crux myself and I get duplicate messages constantly.  I called C.S. and they gave me the "I dunno why it does that" speech with no advice on what to do. If you have a resolution to this issue, please do let me know!

0 Likes
ldog03054

This has been a problem with this phone since day 1 and 3 phones later. The bottom line is this; Verizon has no idea how to fix this problem nor do they care to fix this problem. Pantech doesn't even service this phone anymore so, going to them is a waste of time. The attitude I get talking to Verizon is, we will just send you a new / refurbished Pantech Cruz, if you have the insurance plan, which does nothing because this a manufacturing defect with the phone. The bottom line is, there is no fix!!

0 Likes