I can receive Comcast email on my iphone but can't send emails
utahtea2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can receive Comcast email on my iphone but can't send emails.  I tried with Wi-Fi and without.  I've turned off the phone and rebooted it.

The message I receive says:

A copy has been placed on your Outbox.  The sender address myemai#comcast.net" was rejected by the server.

My Settings:

Outgoing Mail Server

SMTP smtp.comcast.net

Primary Server smtp.comcast.net ON

Server ON

Host Name:  smtp.comcast.net

User SSL I've tried both ON and OFF

Server Port:  I've tried 25, 465 and 587

This is driving me crazy...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can receive Comcast email on my iphone but can't send emails
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You might need to check with Comcast. Perhpas there is a certain way it has to be set up. Were you able to send and receive their email on another device prior to the iPhone?

0 Likes
MichRick1

I had exactly the same thing happen to me on my new iphone 4.  So then I tried deleting the mail account and readding it.  Now I can't do that either because it says my account information cannot be verified.  I think it has something to do with the Xfinity changes that have been taking place.  The only solution I could come up w ith was to download the  xfinity app from the app store and get my email that way.  It is not perfect but at least I can get my emial.

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure... Works ok for me.   Are you sure that your user name and password are correct?

0 Likes
cetyrrell

I just had my iphone4 replaced under warranty.  Email worked fine on my old phone, but on my new phone I could receive email but not send it.  I tried everything.  Then I changed the outgoing port to 587.  It would then send email but not receive!  I deleted the account, turned my phone off, then on and added my comcast account again.  It works just fine now.  It automatically assigned server port 995.

0 Likes