bad reception
rrdjserv
I have a droid x and live at zip 23024. I can watch the signal go from 3g 4 bars too no service without moving the telephone. What is the reason for this? What are my options?
0 Likes
Re: bad reception
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

There was a service outage reported in and near Sisterville, W V on April 9, 2011. This issue affected signal strength and call quality. Currently this issue has been reported as resolved and service restored. I recommend power cycling your device and also performing a PRL (network) update to your Droid X. I recommend performing this update at least once a month. I have listed the steps below to update your PRL (network).

To update the PRL:

1. Power on the phone within the Verizon Wireless coverage area. 
  2. Dial *228 then press SEND (this call is airtime free and may take up to 2 minutes).
  3. When prompted, press 2 for the option to update the PRL.
  4. Once completed, a confirmation message will appear to informing that the phone has been re-programmed with the new PRL.
  5. Press End to terminate the call.
  6. Power cycle the phone to complete the update.

0 Likes
Sublime420ec

i live in bumpass as well and 3G service tends to be  on and off around here

if your not moving around alot maybe a magnetic antenna would be a good idea? 

worth a try...

0 Likes
rrdjserv
I have a problem paying for a service that I am not receiving.
0 Likes
Sublime420ec

yea i can understand that i feel the same way i use  3G via a modem for my pc and i'll have 4 bars all day then all a sudden  i'll have none like you as well even with my antenna but even with crap signal my speeds have been very good at least my download speed....  has been 1.5mb/s - 1.7mb/s past few days .

i'm not falmiliar with 3G phones tho : /

0 Likes
rrdjserv
Maybe we should only pay for the days that we have a signal. That would cut our phone bill in half.
Verizon should at least own up to the fact that we do not get a signal and change their coverage map.
0 Likes
falhockey3

For the past couple weeks i have been getting really bad reception everywhere i go. i used to have fairly good reception in my house and now for some reason the most i get is 1 bar and half the time its searching for service. I just need to know if its verizon or my phone

0 Likes