5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2012 9:26 AM by gina7239 RSS

iPad Upgrade Eligibility

2hamlet2

I currently own an Verizon iPad and 'might' purchase the iPad 2 sometime in the future. My Verizon account currently says I'm eligible for an 'upgrade', but because the upgrade is tied to my iPad device, I'm not sure what the upgrade option means for me.

Does this mean I'm eligible to 'upgrade' to an iPad 2?? The upgrade issue is even more confusing because when I click on the upgrade options available to me, my account list phones, not the iPad 2. I'm assuming this is because my current iPad has a 'telephone number' attached to the account. Has anyone else received and upgrade eligibility notice for their iPad? If so, what does it mean?

• 1. Re: iPad Upgrade Eligibility
          AntonioC_VZW

2hamlet2 wrote:

I currently own an Verizon iPad and 'might' purchase the iPad 2 sometime in the future. My Verizon account currently says I'm eligible for an 'upgrade', but because the upgrade is tied to my iPad device, I'm not sure what the upgrade option means for me.

Does this mean I'm eligible to 'upgrade' to an iPad 2?? The upgrade issue is even more confusing because when I click on the upgrade options available to me, my account list phones, not the iPad 2. I'm assuming this is because my current iPad has a 'telephone number' attached to the account. Has anyone else received and upgrade eligibility notice for their iPad? If so, what does it mean?

When your My Verizon website indicates that you are eligible for upgrade, you can upgrade to any device (phone, tablet or broadband device). Please note that the iPad 2 is only sold at full retail price and using your upgrade will not make a difference on the price you pay for it. Additionally, no contract is required for an iPad 2 as you pay full retail price.

• 2. Re: iPad Upgrade Eligibility
            2hamlet2

Thanks, Antonio, for the explanation. Will the iPad 2 eventually be sold for less than full retail? Or is the upgrade associated with my iPad essentially an non-upgrade, upgrade? :smileywink: Btw, I've been pretty satisfied with Verizon for YEARS, so I'm not all that bothered by the info you provided. 

• 3. Re: iPad Upgrade Eligibility
              TBhouston

2hamlet2 wrote:

Thanks, Antonio, for the explanation. Will the iPad 2 eventually be sold for less than full retail?

everything is eventaully sold for less than full retail. also you don't want to use your upgrade for the ipad2 because you won't get any discounted rates for it

• 4. Re: iPad Upgrade Eligibility
                gina7239

You can't use an upgrade on an iPad 1 2 or 3. That is good in a way so you font have to worry if you don't use the service you can suspend it or get rid of it. The only way to get a discount is if there is a new iPad that just came out  or certified like new which both don't have a contract anyways.

• 5. Re: iPad Upgrade Eligibility
                  budone

Gina, I know you saw April, but you responded to a post that is over a year old. Oops