full service but can't send or receive calls/texts
ozzie0777

At my house I have full bars on my DROID X, but when I go to send a text message, it won't send. Also, if I go to make a call, it won't connect. I can also leave my phone in ONE place (I don't move or touch it at all) and i can have no service then it slowly works its way up to full bars, then back down to none. Any help on how I can fix this?!

0 Likes
Re: full service but can't send or receive calls/texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I wouldn't think this was possible, but I wonder if you have data coverage and no voice coverage.

To see what different signal strength you are getting, can you download the application called "Real Signal" from the Market? After it is installed, open it and start the service. You will now have two new signal bars on the notification bar. Are the strength levels different? If you pull down the notification window, it will give you the -dbm strength for both the CDMA signal and the EDVO 3G signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ozzie0777

yes they are very different. the CDMA is all bars while my EVDO is two bars. BUT they are changing even if my phone is staying in one place. Which one is my actual service?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ozzie0777 wrote:

yes they are very different. the CDMA is all bars while my EVDO is two bars. BUT they are changing even if my phone is staying in one place. Which one is my actual service?

The CDMA is what you will use for all voice and text messages.  The EDVO is the data connection.

If the CDMA is fluctuating, maybe the signal is bouncing between towers.  When was the last time you reprogrammed your phone?  Dial *228 option 1 to reprogram the phone and Dial *228, option 2 to update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ozzie0777

i actually reprogrammed it two days ago, but i was not at my house (which is where the problem is)

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for the information provided. Ozzie0777 please send me a private message with your name and mobile number. We will contact you directly regarding the issue you are experiencing with your service. Additionally, we offer a Network Extender which enhances your coverage in doors. Follow this link to learn more about the Network Extender: http://www.vzw.com/networkextender

Thank you, 

0 Likes
cvnv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Network extenders do not always work. They are expensive and Verizon is not willing to follow up on their many promises to resolve the issues. We have had several "escallated trouble tickets" and promises with no resolution in sight.

0 Likes