Re: Blinking lights
Wildman
Legend

vereyezuhn wrote:

Wildman wrote:

vereyezuhn wrote:

Is it bad that mine never blinks when it's on the charger or fully charged?? The only time mine blinks is when I have a new text/voicemail/missed call, or when I receive an email.

That is kind of strange because this is a default feature but some 3rd party apps can disable this feature and there is a good chance you may have installed on of these apps without knowing that it would impact the notification light...  SMS Chat and K9 email client is two that I have noticed that does this on some devices.

Hmm. The only apps I have besides games are Handcent and Facebook. Even before downloading those, when I first got the phone and charged it, it didn't light up when fully charged. Odd. It's not a big deal to me, as I can just wake up the screen and tell. I charge it at night anyway, I just find it odd that it never did that.

Handcent is another app that has a led notification action option also built into the app.
0 Likes
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

I found out I get the Purple Light when I get an email in Yahoo 

I clear it and it goes away till the next email comes thru

Is there a way to remove the Yahoo email alert or indicator on my Droid?

I would raher have a sound alert for a Voice Mail or Missed Call  Cant get that managed yet either  other than the symbol on the top of the screem  I want a sound reminder

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

DDH wrote:

I found out I get the Purple Light when I get an email in Yahoo 

I clear it and it goes away till the next email comes thru

Is there a way to remove the Yahoo email alert or indicator on my Droid?

I would raher have a sound alert for a Voice Mail or Missed Call  Cant get that managed yet either  other than the symbol on the top of the screem  I want a sound reminder

Go into the email app, hit the Menu button, select Options, select your email account, and uncheck Notifications.

As for the other posts on here. Mine does not light up for low battery either, and someone mentioned that it only lights up when the screen is off...Mine will light up if the screen is on if I get a text or email. I do have Handcent set up to light up a different color and frequency than the standard texting app had, so maybe that's why mine is so off.

0 Likes
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

OK  The Purple light Blinks all night.

I have the Sleep mode button pressed 

I use the phone for a 2nd alarm so keep it on and Charges as well

How do I get the Blinking Purple light to stop?

Can I disable the Blinking light for all  in- coming emails for my Yahoo acct?

I prefer No Notification for my emails at this point

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

DDH wrote:

OK  The Purple light Blinks all night.

I have the Sleep mode button pressed 

I use the phone for a 2nd alarm so keep it on and Charges as well

How do I get the Blinking Purple light to stop?

Can I disable the Blinking light for all  in- coming emails for my Yahoo acct?

I prefer No Notification for my emails at this point

I described in my above post how to disable notifications for Yahoo email. The light will also stop blinking if you open your notifications, and hit Clear at the top. That will stop the light from blinking until you receive another email.

0 Likes