Samsung Continuum Clock
tcbonnie

The weather clock on my home page did not change to daylight savings time. I tried to synch it but no change. The last synch had the correct time. All other times are correct.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum Clock
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi tcbonnie,

Perhaps you can try powering off the device for a full minute and then power the device back on to refresh the phone to see if adjusts the time. Also, you could try *228 (send), option #2 to update the PRL software on the device. When it completes, simply power of the device and back on to do a soft reset. 

Thanks,

edw@vzwsupport

0 Likes
Hanna1218

I have the same problem. I rebooted my phone and updated PRL software, but the weather clock does not change.

Is there any other way to correct the clock?

btw, we have two continuum phones at home. The homepage clock is correct for the other one. I have not done anything to that phone.

Thanks,

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hanna1218 wrote:

I have the same problem. I rebooted my phone and updated PRL software, but the weather clock does not change.

Is there any other way to correct the clock?

btw, we have two continuum phones at home. The homepage clock is correct for the other one. I have not done anything to that phone.

Thanks,

If you have installed a third party weather application, please uninstall and reinstall your application as this will resolve any configuration issues with that application.

0 Likes
softballmom88
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weatherbug Clock is an Samsung Widget.  Comes pre-installed.  When you click on the clock it goes to weatherbug which shows the correct time.  It's the clock on the main screen that does not recognize daylight savings.  Unless it is because they moved it up a month.  Normally it is around the 24th of April.

0 Likes
tinka116

I fixed the weatherbug widget on my phone today!!!

And honestly I'm kind of ticked off about how easy it was to fix it... I don't know if it had anything to do with daylight saving(that occured on this past sunday)but it really bothered me that the clock was now 2 hours faster than what I was already used to.

What I did was tap on the city listed underneath the analog clock, which brought up the "my city list". Then tap on the settings button, and tap delete, and I deleted all the cities I had on my list. Then I went back to the home screen and tapped on the clock itself to add a city, added my home city, and after I added it, it showed me the correct time!!!

Ok, so if you don't like reading:

1. Tap on the city under the clock

2. Tap on the menu button

3. Tap delete and delet the city/cities on your list*

4. Tap the menu button again

5. Tap add and add the city of your choosing

6. Check to see if it worked by tapping on the added city

* I don't know if it will work if you just deleted one of the cities listed but I deleted all the cities I had listed on my list and it worked...sorry. I didn't bother to see if it would work if I just deleted one of them.

Hopefully this works with someone else's phone because I like everyone with a samsung continuum has done everything they can think of to try and fix this problem from going to verizon and see if they can fix it, reading on online forums and blogs, and even try talking to people at weatherbug because I know how annoying this problem has been, but I never tried to refresh/reinstall the cities that I already had previously added before. And I tested this on all the time zones in the U.S.(even the alaskan and the hawaiian time zones) and they all worked just fine!

So all in all, it's a very easy fix, nothing complicated about it just delete all the cities you currently have in your "My cities list" and add the city of your choice back to the list, and it should be fixed. Also the little sun that was beside my city(chester for me), has disappeared so it has been a success for me, maybe it will be for others! If it doesn't work, I'm truly sorry and I hope you as well can find a solution that will work for you. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes