LG Chocolate Touch - touch screen not working
onewayboy

I've had a LG Chocolate Touch for almost a year now, but recently (in the past 2 months), the touch screen hasn't been working.  I can't access any of the features, but once in a while the screen will work for 5 minutes or so.  The phone hasn't come into contact with water, nor has it been dropped, so I don't know why it's not functional.  What could be wrong with it?  Help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Chocolate Touch - touch screen not working
ellegurl3

hi this is the same thing that my phone is doing. it just started doing it today and i was wondering if you had figured out was wrong?

i was just planning on going to the verizon store tomorrow but i thought it wouldnt hurt to just try and fix it on my own!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Quick fixes are to remove the battery (with the phone on, then put the battery back in and restart the phone) to reset the phone, Try recalibrating the touchscreen....

If these quick fixes don't work, take it in to a store. If the phone is less than a year old, manufacturer's warranty should cover a replacement (refurbished) device.
0 Likes
dong1

I got the same problem. LG sucks! or is there a bug in the system, so we have to pay to get it fixed?

0 Likes
dong1

I just fixed the problem.

I followed instruction from here: http://forums.att.com/t5/LG/LG-VU-touchscreen-not-working-when-touched/td-p/1749320/page/3

A AT/T forum for LG phone. Many people had the same problem, So LG really sucks! no kidding.

I used a needle to pry one side of the clear protective cover, not the entire cover, there seems two layers. it it the top layer. I lift up half inch of the side, then press the cover back again. it WORKS! so you don't need to peel off the entire cover. 

0 Likes
xltech

Relieving the pressure between the protective cover and the actual touch screen worked for me!  All I had to do was lift the very corner up and it started working. 

0 Likes
summer2009

I got my phone about a year and half and the touch screen suddenly stopped working two days ago. I removed battery and restart the device and it started working again but after a while it stopped working again.

0 Likes
Sjusteve

This worked for me as well.  I went into a Verizon store and they didn't even look at the phone.  They just concluded that the touchscreen had died and told me to get a new phone.  I refused to believe that the screen just died out of nowhere.  Thanks for posting this tip because you just saved me the cost of a new phone AND the additional $20 a month on a new data plan because they said new phones wouldn't support my current data plan (what an f'ing scam!)

0 Likes
ChristyO

My touch screen stopped working also, how frustrating. I tried turning it off and on a few times, removing the battery, short of throwing it across the room I read this forum and what worked was removing the protective screen and putting it back on, thanks xltech for the suggestion of relieving the pressure from the touch screen, it worked!

0 Likes