$34.99 unlimited data?
nefreet

I am so confused. Went to a Verizon store today to talk to an associate about this awesome $34.99/month plan I saw online for the iPhone4. Unlimited web, data, and text. He told me it wasn't a plan, it was an add-on, and it cost only $29.99/month. So I just checked again:

I go to buy the 32gb iPhone 4 online.

"Add to cart"

"Select plan"

Scroll down to "Messaging"

Select "Unlimited Messaging" for $34.99

Plan includes:

- Unlimited Text, Instant, Picture & Video Messaging

- Unlimited Web Browsing

- Unlimited Data Usage

- Personal Email

- Voice Per Minute Rate $0.40

He told me this was only available for older phones, and not smartphones like the iPhone. He said the unlimited web was mobile 2.0, but there's no reference to that in this plan here. And if he's right, why would it be available to select online? Has anyone else made this work? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $34.99 unlimited data?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The 34.99 data only plan is for feature phones.  Sounds like there's a bug in the system since it shouldn't even be showing up.  The smartphone plan is actually $54.99. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/messagingplans.jsp?lid=//global//plans//more%20plans//nati... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1

Can you take a screenshot of this deal? I don't see it anywhere on verizons site when I go to order the iPhone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

nefreet wrote:

I am so confused. Went to a Verizon store today to talk to an associate about this awesome $34.99/month plan I saw online for the iPhone4. Unlimited web, data, and text. He told me it wasn't a plan, it was an add-on, and it cost only $29.99/month. So I just checked again:

"Add to cart"

"Select plan"

Plan includes:

- Unlimited Web Browsing

- Unlimited Data Usage

- Personal Email

He told me this was only available for older phones, and not smartphones like the iPhone. He said the unlimited web was mobile 2.0, but there's no reference to that in this plan here. And if he's right, why would it be available to select online? Has anyone else made this work? Thanks in advance.

Did you try selecting it and then going through with the order? If not, how do you know that it was compatible with the iPhone?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You may notice that the 65+ plan is also available to be selected, but if you do not have the proper proof that you are 65, you will not be allowed to get that plan.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

nismos14 wrote:

Can you take a screenshot of this deal? I don't see it anywhere on verizons site when I go to order the iPhone.

Yes, it is there, keep scrolling down your screen past the Talk, Talk and Text, etc...

You pay $0.40/minute of talk time(no free night and weekend minutes or mobile to mobile), so with a base plan of $34.99 and 137 minutes of talk you are up to the same price of the 450 minute Talk and Text plan with unlimited data. That is less than 5 minutes a day on the phone. Not really such a great deal.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The 34.99 data only plan is for feature phones.  Sounds like there's a bug in the system since it shouldn't even be showing up.  The smartphone plan is actually $54.99. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/messagingplans.jsp?lid=//global//plans//more%20plans//nati... 

0 Likes
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1

So you don't want any voice minutes?

nefreet wrote:

"Add to cart"

"Select plan"

Plan includes:

- Unlimited Web Browsing

- Unlimited Data Usage

- Personal Email

0 Likes
nefreet

Thank you PJNC284.

0 Likes
legendsneverdie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apple already has an iphone that doesn't dial, it's called an ipod touch

0 Likes