Archived Text Messages
petey55

I know there is a lot of info about this out there, but I seem to be getting conflicting information.

Does Verizon store text message transcripts? If so, for how long? I've read 120 hours, 240 hours, and some people say for years.... (where could they store billions of lines of text for years?)

If they do store them, who can get them and how? I've never really been worried about it but all of a sudden I feel like anyone could be reading my text messages.

I appreciate some info on this very much.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Archived Text Messages
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

petey55 wrote:

I know there is a lot of info about this out there, but I seem to be getting conflicting information.

Does Verizon store text message transcripts? If so, for how long? I've read 120 hours, 240 hours, and some people say for years.... (where could they store billions of lines of text for years?)

If they do store them, who can get them and how? I've never really been worried about it but all of a sudden I feel like anyone could be reading my text messages.

I appreciate some info on this very much.

Thank you.

they are stored for a maximum of 10 days

in order to get them you need a court order

0 Likes
petey55

hmm, okay a friend of mine who used to work at verizon said that they store them for 3 years but that just seems impossible to beleive ! that would be trillions of lines of text....

thanks for the input...

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

petey55 wrote:

hmm, okay a friend of mine who used to work at verizon said that they store them for 3 years but that just seems impossible to beleive ! that would be trillions of lines of text....

thanks for the input...

its been asked on the forum for various reasons, all answers from vzw have been up to 10 days and court order required

not sure where the 2 years your friend was talking about came from

0 Likes