Problem with Mobile Hotspot IP range
coldfire074

I recently purchased the Motorola Droid 2 Global, signed up for my data plan, and signed up for the Verizon Mobile Hotspot service.  I set up WEP encryption, tested it out, and the hotspot feature works well.  My problem is that I can't find any way to change the IP address my phone assigns to connected devices.

The reason I got the phone was so I could connect into my network at work on my laptop any time using a VPN.  The IP address I was auto-assigned was in the 192.168.1.0 /24 range, which will present a problem with conflicting network addresses.  Does anyone know of a solution that will allow me to change the IP range to 192.168.0.0 /24?  That would be ideal.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Mobile Hotspot IP range
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The IP address range can not be changed for the Mobile Hot Spot on your Droid 2 Global.

Thanks

0 Likes
coldfire074

It appears that after Motorola rolled out the Gingerbread 2.3.3 update to DROID 2 Global phones on October 20th (when I received my update at least), you can now specify an IP address range to serve addresses from the 3G Mobile Hotspot app.

Just thought some might be interested.

0 Likes
Dabrits
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I am faced with a similar problem.  I need to change my IP address in order to log onto a wifi network here in a hotel (where I will be spending the next four months).  But I have no clue what I need to change my IP address to in order to get connectivity without conflicting with another device on the network.  I have no clue what also needs to be changed (and what to change it to) when it comes to gateway, netmask, and DNS 1 & 2.  Any information on this would be awesome!  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes