LG Vortex text messaging
fightingterp

I just bought this phone and it appears that the last text message I receive is always 'kept' on the home page, I cannot get rid of it.

0 Likes
Re: LG Vortex text messaging
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

You can personalize your Home screen by adding and removing application icons, shortcuts, widgets, notifications, and other items to any Home screen pane. You can also change the wallpaper. To add or remove an item to/from the Home screen:
1. Go to the Home screen pane where you want to add the item.
2. Press the Menu Key and touch Add.
Or, just touch and hold an empty spot on the Home screen pane.
NOTE If there is no available space on a particular Home screen pane, Add will not be available; you must delete or remove an item before you can add another item. In this case, you have the option of switching to another Home screen pane.
3. In the menu that opens, touch the type of item to add.
To move an item on the Home screen: 
1. Touch and hold the item.
2. Drag the item to a new location on the screen. Pause at the left or right edge of the screen to drag the item onto the next available Home screen pane.
3. When the item is where you want it, lift your finger. To remove an item from the Home screen
-- Touch and hold the item, note that the Applications
Launcher Key changes to an icon of a trash can.
-- Drag the item to the Trash Can.
-- When the icon turns red, lift your finger.
If the directions above do not solve your issue,  you may also delete the actual message from the home screen using the following directions:
  1. From the home screen, select the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).
  2. Select Messaging.
  3. Select Menu.
  4. Select Multiselect.
  5. Select the check mark located to the left of the message(s) then select Delete.
    Note Selected when a green check mark is present.
  6. Select OK.
Please don't hesitate to contact us back if neither of the above solutions resolve your issue.
Thank you, KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
elzjan

my phone is sending texts to the wrong people--its very annoying . Any body else having this problem?

0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

There has been some issues with the LG Vortex sending text messages to an unintended recipient. However, Google is providing patches to device vendors to address this issue. The patch will be incorporated into upcoming maintenance releases. There is no date available for the maintenance release.

Thank you, LatachaM_VZW

0 Likes