Blocking calls on iPhone?
lsg1

I saw that my daughters line (iPhone) was not able to block calls from myverzion so I called customer support. It took transfers to 4 different people until I was told that the iPhone cannot block calls from the online call and message blocking feature. This was a high level technical support rep. She told me to download an app on the phone called iBlacklist and it will be free and I will be able to block calls from the app. I thanked her, hung up and tried to get the app and from what I see it is 1. not free and 2. you need to [Edited to comply with Terms of Service] the phone to use the app.

Why would a high level technical support rep tell me to use an app that will be free and simple to use for my new phone when it is neither????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking calls on iPhone?
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The iPhone is not compatible with the free Call & Message Block feature and will not be able to block incoming calls or messages using this feature.

Thanks

John B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nanna24
Contributor - Level 2

lsg1 wrote:

I saw that my daughters line (iPhone) was not able to block calls from myverzion so I called customer support. It took transfers to 4 different people until I was told that the iPhone cannot block calls from the online call and message blocking feature. This was a high level technical support rep. She told me to download an app on the phone called iBlacklist and it will be free and I will be able to block calls from the app. I thanked her, hung up and tried to get the app and from what I see it is 1. not free and 2. you need to [Edited to comply with Terms of Service] the phone to use the app.

Why would a high level technical support rep tell me to use an app that will be free and simple to use for my new phone when it is neither????

I don't know.  Besides, I don't believe you.

0 Likes
lsg1

Why wouldn't you believe me? I am repeating what the rep told me. Not one of the first 3 reps I spoke to did not know why it could not be added. And the 4th rep told me about the free app....I would not lie about something like this. Why would I waste my time?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe you and i believe that he told you this because he doesn't know what he's talking about. what i think is that verizon was extremely unprepared for the iphone and users on this forum know WAY MORE about it than they do. nobody can seem to get a straight answer regarding many things with the iphone when they ask verizon.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The iPhone is not compatible with the free Call & Message Block feature and will not be able to block incoming calls or messages using this feature.

Thanks

John B

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

JohnB_VZW wrote:

Thanks

John B

can anyone explain why? i'm assuming it's an issue with apple since this can be done with other verizon phones. is this the case? 

0 Likes
legendarylagear

I agree with this. I had a 2 year old blackberry that was BARELY working, but I would have kept it had I known this.

This was a non-negotiable to me, and when I spoke to in-store reps, they told me blocking specific phone numbers "would not be a problem." UNSATISFIED!

0 Likes
climber20

Not a perfect solution, but I downloaded a silent ringtone, imported that into iTunes, and set it as the custom ringtone for any saved contact I never wanted to talk to (telemarketers, schools asking for donations).  Though it doesn't block anything, the phone won't have an audible ring when these people call, and the calls will show up on your missed call list.

0 Likes
Hootus

@nanna24 - Hey chump, he is right and you are wrong.  Learn some manners or get the hell off this board.  We're here trying to solve problems and we don't need help from smart{word filter avoidance} like you.

0 Likes
geandsco

Can we get a better explanation from Verizon? This really is a big deal, you know. Will this be a feature that will be available in the future? It doesn't make any sense that my wife can block calls from me on her phone but I can't block calls from her and we are on the same account.

0 Likes