retrieving deleted text messages
mhollowell

I have a LG cell phone with no memory card in the exterior slot.  I desperately need to retrieve a text message sent to me.  I accidentally deleted it.  How can I retrieve the message?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: retrieving deleted text messages
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you budone for your suggestion. I'm sorry to confirm that once a message is deleted from your phone, there is no way to retrieve it. Copies of messages can be requested with a court subpoena. Content is stored in our servers from up to 10 days or less from the time/date of the message was sent/received. After that, the message is deleted from our servers and cannot be retrieved. 
In the future you ever need content for legal reasons and working with an attorney or law enforcement, please have them contact us at 800-922-0204 for more details.
GinaH_VZW Support

Thank you budone for your suggestion. I'm sorry to confirm that once a message is deleted from your phone, there is no way to retrieve it. Copies of messages can be requested with a court subpoena. Content is stored in our servers from up to 10 days or less from the time/date of the message was sent/received. After that, the message is deleted from our servers and cannot be retrieved. 

In the future you ever need content for legal reasons within the 10 day timeframe, please have an attorney or law enforcement, contact us at 800-922-0204 for more details.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ask the sender to send again is the ONLY way you will get it back if you deleted it.

0 Likes
mhollowell

It was a number they didn't keep.  I've already tried that.  If you can think of anything else, let me know.  Thanks

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

In the future you ever need content for legal reasons and working with an attorney or law enforcement, please have them contact us at 800-922-0204 for more details.
GinaH_VZW Support

In the future you ever need content for legal reasons within the 10 day timeframe, please have an attorney or law enforcement, contact us at 800-922-0204 for more details.

0 Likes