Removing Google Voice Voicemail
gaajiwaaih

I have OG Droid and installed the Google Voice app. It is my default service for voicemail. I've noticed that voicemail messages often show they have recorded but when I play them are silent. I'm worried that I am missing messages. 

I tried removing Google Voicemail but after doing so calling the phone still went to Google Voicemail. How can I restore Verizon as my default Voicemail service?

THANK YOU!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Removing Google Voice Voicemail
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Wildman,

I appreciate you assisting gaajiwaaih with a great solution.  Additionally I attached a link as further reference: Google Voice.

Thank you for being a valued community member,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

You can use the steps below to remove the Google Voice application from your Droid device and restart the initial voicemail session. Any current voice mails you have saved, will be deleted. 

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).

2. Touch Settings.

3. Touch Applications.

4. Touch Manage Applications.

5. Touch the desired application.

6. Touch Uninstall.

7. Touch OK.

8. Touch OK
---Note: Please restart your phone and update your phone to the network by dialing *228, send, and choose option #2. This process will take 1-2 minutes. Once this process is complete, power cycle your phone off and on.

To restart your regular voice mail, please follow the steps below:

1. Call *86 (*VM) from the handset or the 10-digit mobile number from another phone.
    Note If a system greeting is played, press the pound (#) key immediately to interrupt the greeting.
  2. Follow the tutorial for settings up the voice mail options.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
HelpMeInUT

Thank you for this instruction but it didn't work for me.  I've done this method as well as going to Google Voice portal on my computer and choosing Deactivate Google Voice on this phone (which instructs me to dial *73 - which takes me to a "your call cannot  be completed as dialed").  I also called Customer Service to see if they could help - the gentleman was not familiar with Google Voice and could not help me.  Any other suggestions?  I'm desparate to get this off my phone.  All of my voicemails are coming in as recorded silence.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I believe Google voice is a preinstalled app that can not be removed, the best you can do is log out (If logged In) and goto Settings / Application / Mange Applications, All and select Google Voice and clear cache and rebot, this should only have it run in background because you cant disable or remove.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Wildman,

I appreciate you assisting gaajiwaaih with a great solution.  Additionally I attached a link as further reference: Google Voice.

Thank you for being a valued community member,

0 Likes