Call restrictions
onetomany05

I lost contact with a good friend about a month ago, I thaught they lost there phone it would ring 20 seconds then go to voicemail while in contact with them it would take the standard 30 seconds before voicemail. While recently instead of voice mail it rings 20 seconds and says "the number you are trying to dial has call restrictions and can no be completed."   I've read this is a sign of being block. My question is is the only time this messsage appears is if your number has been blocked? or if you call a lost/brokin phone for a month will no answer will this automaticaly come on?

None of this makes any sense to me why they would block me, They didn't send one message or leave the impression one time they didn't want to be in conctact.  Maybe not such a good friend afterall?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call restrictions
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

onetomany05 wrote:

I lost contact with a good friend about a month ago, I thaught they lost there phone it would ring 20 seconds then go to voicemail while in contact with them it would take the standard 30 seconds before voicemail.I don't know why that  time frame would change . . .   While recently instead of voice mail it rings 20 seconds and says "the number you are trying to dial has call restrictions and can no be completed."   I've read this is a sign of being block.  Yes, this is the message yo uwill get if your number has been blocked. 

My question is is the only time this messsage appears is if your number has been blocked? or if you call a lost/brokin phone for a month will no answer will this automaticaly come on?  No; if the phone is inoperable, normally the call goes straight to VM without any ringing; if the message says you aren't getting through due to call restrictions, it's a block.

None of this makes any sense to me why they would block me, They didn't send one message or leave the impression one time they didn't want to be in conctact.  Maybe not such a good friend afterall?  That I cannot answer for you. 

0 Likes