Contact transfer
soma

I am a new user and all my other phones including my blackberry I have had to take it in to the store to transfer my contacts list, is there a way to do this on my own without paying the extra cash.

0 Likes
Re: Contact transfer
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

what phone are you switching to?

do you use phone contacts or google contacts?

do you use backup assistant?

0 Likes
soma

I have an droid incredible

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

soma wrote:

I have an droid incredible

i gatherd that, but what phone are you switching to?

and the other questions.

different contact types transfer differently, as well as phones.

without this info the answer would be long and contain many diff options that may not apply

0 Likes
Teiru
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with the earlier post. Backup assist is free and will save all of your contacts. if its not preinstalled on your phone you should find it for free in the app store on your old phone. be sure to use it first before you activate your new device. But there are other ways if you already activated your new phone. But we kinda need  to know which one is new and which one is old

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Teiru wrote:

I agree with the earlier post. Backup assist is free and will save all of your contacts. if its not preinstalled on your phone you should find it for free in the app store on your old phone. be sure to use it first before you activate your new device. But there are other ways if you already activated your new phone. But we kinda need  to know which one is new and which one is old

backup assistant will not backup up google contacts

0 Likes
Teiru
Enthusiast - Level 2

your right safe to say we need to wait till he replies before we can assist :3

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

We would need to know what phone you will be going to  in order to give you more specific information on how to transfer the contacts.

The HTC Incredible is compatible with Backup Assistant. You can backup your contacts on your Incredible and then transfer to the new phone if the new phone is Backup Assistant compatible.

If the new phone is not Backup Assistant compatible and it is an Android device you can export the contacts from the Backup Assistant web site and import the contacts to a Gmail account. Once the contacts are on your Gmail account you can sync the contact onto the new phone when you add the Gmail account to the new phone. Below I have provided steps on how you can export your contacts from Backup Assistant to a Gmail account.

1. Navigate to the Verizon Wireless website, enter the 10-digit mobile number and password then click Sign In.

To register, click Register then follow the step-by-step instructions.

2. Navigate to Messaging > Contacts.

3. Click Select All.

4. Click the Actions Menu then click Export Contacts.

5. Select the desired export file format then click OK.

6. Click Save

7. Navigate to the storage location, change the name then click Save.

8. Import the contacts into Personal Information Manager software

1. From a computer, launch an Internet browser then navigate to the Gmail website. 

2. Sign in with the Gmail account username and password.

3. Click Contacts.

4. Click More actions

5. Click Import.

6. Click Choose File / Browse.

7. Select the desired .CSV / vCard file then click Choose / Open.

8. Click Import

9. Click OK

Hope this helps, please feel free to contact us back if you need more assistance.

John B

0 Likes