5 Spot Firmware Software Update
Sellars

I bought a 5 Spot and it was working great.  Connected to internet when - no problem.  Then it suggested I update the firmware - so I did.  Bad idea.  Could no longer get connected.  I thought I had a bad 5 Spot so I sent it in and got a replacement.  Apparently updating the firmware was a bad idea.  Because my Dell Inspiron is more than 6 monthsold, the firmware is not compatible with the 5 spot - or so the verizon technical support told me.  "Call Dell tech support and they will walk you through a firmware software update for your Dell."  Well Dell wants $250 to do this!  Why can't I go back to having the connection I had previously before I said to perform the firmware update.  I can't afford a new computer or a $250 software upgrade because my computer was not bought in the last 30 days!

0 Likes
Re: 5 Spot Firmware Software Update
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

What you need to do is update the drivers/software on your laptop. If you don't know how to do this, well research on the internet or find a family member or friend who knows computers/IT.

0 Likes
blkshk

GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER SEARCH LINK:

5 spot 3G service

tc86Contributor

We live in rural Oregon.  In august after a software download to the device we were unable to connect.  Phone calls to technical support (the suggestion from Verizon to go online is not very helpful when you have no service...) tried to correct the problem but were unsuccessful.  The technical staff spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone and they were very polite.

Finally today today we solved the problem:  My computer indicated a SSID "Verizon AC30 0000".  This is not the SSID indicated on the 5 spot.  Finally tech support told me this was an indication that the 5 spot needed a software upgrade.  After this was done, we have service again.  The tech said this was a problem that had recently surfaced.  This same problem occured on the 3 replacement 5 spots they had sent.

Part of the problem may have been that the cell tower we used to have is no longer in service and now we are in a "marginal service area."

Oh the joy of technology....

tc

0 Likes
blkshk

IT IS A SHAME TO VERIZON THAT ONE CANNOT FIND A SIMPLE LINK SET UP TO GET TO THE 5 SPOT UPDATES AND THEY DO NOT SEEM TO GIVE A ****!

>> profanity removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes