Outgoing mail server - mail.insightbb.com doesn't work
Iamflipper

Does anyone else have an email provider that the iPhone doesn't support on the outgoing side? 

AT&T had an alternate outgoing server - cwmx.com - that was basically a work around.  Verizon says they don't have an alternate.  This basically means I can get emails using mail.insightbb.com, but I can't send them out. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Outgoing mail server - mail.insightbb.com doesn't work
Abi
Contributor - Level 1

Have you checked that your password and username, ports, etc are correct? My phone is downloading mail from all of my servers, my two business emails, and my school email. Sometimes you have to also change the username from blank@insightbb.com to blank+insightbb.com to make it work. Not sure if that might work for you, but I hope you find a solution.

0 Likes
Iamflipper

The default for the outgoing mail server was to not have a username and password.  I went ahead and entered those and now it works.  I had the same problem forever with AT&T, but was able to use their outgoing server, so I just assumed Verizon had one as well.  Once I realized they didn't, I had to re-think all the possible settings.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the other option would be to use the outgoing server settings for another email account that you have, if you ever have this problem in the future. i had issues similar to this with another server a couple years ago. i set up a dummy hotmail account just so i could use their outgoing server. i then "named" that email account on my phone as my email address so it "appeared" to be coming from my real email address, even though it really came from the hotmail one.

0 Likes
Abi
Contributor - Level 1

Iamflipper wrote:

The default for the outgoing mail server was to not have a username and password.  I went ahead and entered those and now it works.  I had the same problem forever with AT&T, but was able to use their outgoing server, so I just assumed Verizon had one as well.  Once I realized they didn't, I had to re-think all the possible settings.

Great! At least you got it working::smileyhappy:

0 Likes
lsd9635

Thanks to everyone (particularly Abi) in this stream.  Once I upgraded my Verizon iPhone 4 to the new OS from Apple, unless I was connected to WiFi, my outgoing mail would return an error message that the mail recipient was rejected by the server.  I took the advice from Abi and entered my username and password for outgoing mail.  This is the solution, apparently, because I just sent a test email through 3G and it worked!

0 Likes