VZ navigator, how to avoid monthly charge?
wellyhelly

I'm unclear as to whether  I get charged $9.99 per month whenever I use this app, or only if I upgrade. Also, anyone have experience with using VZ Global Navigator. My phone :LG enV doesn't support GSM but does support CDMA, and so I'm not sure if it would work in Europe. Does anyone have any information?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ navigator, how to avoid monthly charge?
bluefield5
During one of my calls to Customer Srevice, I was told that VZ Navigator is included in my V Cast Vpak ($15./mo).  Q. Can anyone confirm/ deny this?  Thanks.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

VZ Navigator is NOT included in the $15/Vpak. VZ Navigator is only included in the Premium plan, otherwise you pay $9.99/month. And it's $9.99/month for unlimited use of the app, no additional data charges.

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
V Cast Vpack you DO NOT get free VZNavigator use.

The only true way to get Navigator free is to get a premium plan; then it will be included as well as unlimited data.

see here for vpack specs:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/featurePopup?item=planFirst&featureType=phone&featureId=204...

CDMA phone DO NOT work in Europe. There are a few countries with CDMA, I believe Japan and South Korea is, but don't hold me to that; however chances are it may not work with the network there either.
0 Likes
bluefield5

Okay, so the Cust Svc guy (800-922-0204) told me wrong, and I asked him twice, specifically.  I hate that.

Thanks for the link to VCast Vpak.

Q. If I order VZ Navigator on-line, can I then turn it off on-line, say after a month of heavy vacation travel, and save in that way?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
You can add/remove it online at any time. But even if you only keep it for 2 weeks for example, you'll still pay the full $9.99. The charge for VZ Navigator is not prorated, unfortunately.
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

nmchileman wrote:
You can add/remove it online at any time. But even if you only keep it for 2 weeks for example, you'll still pay the full $9.99. The charge for VZ Navigator is not prorated, unfortunately.

I can not find out how to remove them online.... Where is it?
0 Likes
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

carm, you can remove vz navigator from your phone--here's how: 

1. From within the Get It Now application, select Options.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Manage Apps.
  4. Select the desired application to be removed.
  5. Select Erase, Remove, Cancel, Cancel Subscription, etc.
  6. Select Yes to confirm removal.
  7. Powercycle the phone.
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

PhonePrincess wrote:

carm, you can remove vz navigator from your phone--here's how: 

1. From within the Get It Now application, select Options.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Manage Apps.
  4. Select the desired application to be removed.
  5. Select Erase, Remove, Cancel, Cancel Subscription, etc.
  6. Select Yes to confirm removal.
  7. Powercycle the phone.

I know how to do this. I said in the above post ONLINE - like on the website, like what was discussed in this thread!
Message Edited by Carm on 06-20-2009 07:22 PM
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Come to think of it, you may not be able to add/remove it online with a basic handset. The online functionality may only be available to advanced devices, PDAs/Blackberrys. I think this is beacause on the advanced devices the feature has to be manually added to the account whereas basic handsets can subscribe to it directly from the device.

So if you go to MyServices-->MyPlan--> Add/Remove features and it's not there.... then you can probably only do it from the device directly.

0 Likes