Turned KIN TWOm on today to find..
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

As  I was turning on my KIN TWOm I  got a screen telling me "updating modem, do not disconnect battery until update is complete" . It went through whatever "update" it was doing and then started up as normal. Anyone know what that was about? What update and what modem? Anyone else encounter this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turned KIN TWOm on today to find..
OsheaG
Contributor - Level 2

This process was updating the software on your mobile device to give you better coverage and service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

huh..little suprised no one else has seen this. Must be an abberation

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I can't say i've ever seen this. It would be nice to find out what your phone was doing..whether it was an update or a 'refresh' of some part of the phone.

0 Likes
OsheaG
Contributor - Level 2

This process was updating the software on your mobile device to give you better coverage and service.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

OsheaG, is there anywhere that we can see listings of updates that go to our phones? What exactly did that update do? dstor, was this automatic and you just happened to notice it, or did you have to do something to initialize it? Sadly, there are updates out there that initialize without the user consent, and they are called viruses. Not to say that the update was bad, but i believe we should be able to know when and what our phones are updated with.

0 Likes
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

It happened automatically on restart. I find it strange that no one else got this update?

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Well personally, i don't pay too much attention when my phone is starting up. The Kin phones take a while to start up (of course, its Microsoft), so i usually just ignore it for a minute or 2. Wouldn't be surprised if i just didn't see it, but still recieved it.

0 Likes
unusualslim

My phone got it too. Its still updating. It's been updating for over 8 hours. I've already been through one battery life and working on the next one. Thanks alot verizon I knew it was a mistake buying a phone that was previously taken off the shelf.  This is plum ridiculous.

0 Likes
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3
Mine only took a minute or so and started right up. I do not hink that it is the KIN's in general, but a glitch going on with you phone in particular. Maybe you should contact Verizon Support if it is still updating. I peersonally love this phone. It is what it is a this point..an awesome feature phone.
0 Likes
unusualslim

I love the phone too. It has exactly what i need without all the clutter, but if i can not use it because of an update(that is still going on, should be over 24hrs now and 3 battery lifes) the phone does me no good. I can not call verizon because my phone is not working properly.

0 Likes