Phones that dont require data plans
DHoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am looking for a new phone but I am not yet ready to spend for a data plan I want to know which phones are data capable so that I can switch over to without having to use this feature yet. At the moment I am just using 300 mins and less than 30texts a month. I just want the option to buy a new smart phone without being forced to pay additional data fees and when I am ready have a phone that is data capable.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phones that dont require data plans
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

look into the kins then, they use wifi

any android phone will require the data plan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

DHoff wrote:

I am looking for a new phone but I am not yet ready to spend for a data plan I want to know which phones are data capable so that I can switch over to without having to use this feature yet. At the moment I am just using 300 mins and less than 30texts a month. I just want the option to buy a new smart phone without being forced to pay additional data fees and when I am ready have a phone that is data capable.

all smart phones require data plans

now what do you want the phone to do?

that will help narrow your choices

0 Likes
DHoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want a text friendly phone. I was hope for a touch or slide down keyboard. The droid is what i was interested in. If it came to internet. I would only need it for simple reasons

0 Likes
DHoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

im just tired of my razor lol and dont like all these new charges for a smart phone

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

look into the kins then, they use wifi

any android phone will require the data plan

0 Likes
DHoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

thankyou

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

np, i just looked, and look under feature phone, if you want a keyboard, select that as one of the features, it will limit the ones shown

0 Likes
DHoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok great

0 Likes
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
All phones do have the ability to go online by the way, its just the Kin's are nice cause they have wifi capable so you dont need to buy a data plan. I woulda suggested LG cosmos touch
0 Likes
commonsense12

I was reading a couple of these forums and found that an employee said that if a smartphone was released before november of 2008 it would not currently require a data plan.  A few people ran into trouble with this but after talking to verizon and telling them this idea they took off the data plan and didn't require it.  With all of this new stuff going on i don't know if this is true or not.  

I am particularly looking at the Verizon XV6900 and the LG Voyager.  I have read on here that neither of those require a data plan but i just want to get further confirmation before i actually buy one of them.  

0 Likes