Is anyone else having problems with their iphone?
Crystalstar2869
Enthusiast - Level 2

I absolutely loved my iphone for the whole four days that i had it. Until about 5pm today, I sent a text, set my phone down, picked it back up not even two minutes later, and it was off. So i thought no problem, i went to turn it on and it didn't come on. It was never dropped, nothing was ever spilled on it, it looks just as new as the day i got, and like i said i have only had it for four days. Even though I charged it last night and hardly used it today, I thought maybe the battery died, so i plugged it in to charge, and it doesn't register that it's charging. The next thing i did was come check the troubleshooting support of Verizon and apple. They both were dead ends, because they want me to call them later, or call me later. (This is my only phone and if its not working how can i call you or you call me!?!?) I am going to have to go to Verizon, but even that is a problem, because I won't be able to go until next Saturday. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any problem like this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is anyone else having problems with their iphone?
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Just hold down the home button and lock button together at the same time for approx. 1-2 minutes or until you see the Apple logo.

View solution in original post

john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Just hold down the home button and lock button together at the same time for approx. 1-2 minutes or until you see the Apple logo.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I haven't had the problem but if you check the support pages for the iPhone 4 on the Apple site you will probably find something that can help try to fix this. If that proves to be too hard to locate any help through you can try their forums...especially if the issue is less Verizon-related and more hardware related.

apple.com/support

0 Likes
Crystalstar2869
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does that mean theres a problem with the phone, or is it suppose to do that? Because no one else around me who has an iphone has had that happen. By the way THANK YOU SO MUCH!

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Sometimes Apple products do that. If it doesn't do it again I wouldn't worry about it but if it keeps on happening I would bring it in to the Apple store NOT Verizon. Glad to help!

0 Likes
Crystalstar2869
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks again.

0 Likes
renee0901

I ordered the I Phone from Verizon the day before it was to be sold in the stores. It is dropping calls like crazy. As a real estate agent who lives by their phone, I have to keep calling everyone back because the calls are constantly dropped. I have to go out side to try to get a good signal and can't talk on my phone through my house in to the garage because no one can hear me. I took my phone to the Verizon store and since I had it more than 14 days ( my daughter and husband got Droids in December) and had 30 days to return their phones. I asked if I could exchange it for the Droid but was told no since I ordered it online. The rep at the store called Customer service and they were supposed to ship a new phone to me but it has been a week now and no new phone.

I wish that I had either stayed with the Blackberry or had bought the Droid. I live in an area where I should be getting good signals. I was told that the new I Phone doesn't have the antenna on the side that caused previous problems.

Any one else having trouble with dropped calls? Customer service told the Verizon store agent that they hadn't had any complaints.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

renee0901 wrote:

I ordered the I Phone from Verizon the day before it was to be sold in the stores. It is dropping calls like crazy. As a real estate agent who lives by their phone, I have to keep calling everyone back because the calls are constantly dropped. I have to go out side to try to get a good signal and can't talk on my phone through my house in to the garage because no one can hear me. I took my phone to the Verizon store and since I had it more than 14 days ( my daughter and husband got Droids in December) and had 30 days to return their phones. I asked if I could exchange it for the Droid but was told no since I ordered it online. The rep at the store called Customer service and they were supposed to ship a new phone to me but it has been a week now and no new phone.

I wish that I had either stayed with the Blackberry or had bought the Droid. I live in an area where I should be getting good signals. I was told that the new I Phone doesn't have the antenna on the side that caused previous problems.

Any one else having trouble with dropped calls? Customer service told the Verizon store agent that they hadn't had any complaints.

Have you tried dialing *228 and choosing option 2 to see if updating thr roaming capabilities help? You said you went to a Verizon store to see about exchanging it but did you talk to tech support to see what they had to say? As far as a new phone being shipped to you, call Customer Support to see what is going on in that aspect. Also...do you by any chance have a bumper or case on your iPhone? If not and you're having issues related to dropped calls you might want to try using one to see if that helps. I can't recall if I posted the link on here from the Apple site about the free bumper program  that was quietly updated on Feb 23, 2011 and advised people that have gone through all of the trouble shootong steps and still have issues to request a free bumper but you can search the Apple Support site to find that page. I get being frustrated but without really knowing if you have tried to get the issue resolved it's hard to help much or attempt to .

0 Likes
renee0901

I did the 228 for roaming. I have 3 bars on the phone and then when I hold it at the bottom over the black lines, the bars drop to 1. I was told that Verizon didn't have the same trouble with the antenna as before. They told me that everything is on the inside so that couldn't be the problem. I don't have the bumper or the case but am so annoyed with this phone at the moment. The instore agent called Customer Service and said they would ship a new phone to me but that was a week ago. The instore rep told me that I could sell my phone on eBay and then come back in and buy another phone, I have been with Verizon for 10 years at least and my phone bill for my family is over $ 300 a month and they can't offer any other solutions for me?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

renee0901 wrote:

I did the 228 for roaming. I have 3 bars on the phone and then when I hold it at the bottom over the black lines, the bars drop to 1. I was told that Verizon didn't have the same trouble with the antenna as before. They told me that everything is on the inside so that couldn't be the problem. I don't have the bumper or the case but am so annoyed with this phone at the moment. The instore agent called Customer Service and said they would ship a new phone to me but that was a week ago. The instore rep told me that I could sell my phone on eBay and then come back in and buy another phone, I have been with Verizon for 10 years at least and my phone bill for my family is over $ 300 a month and they can't offer any other solutions for me?

Whoever told you that about the antenna obviously was not aware of what they were talking about. They changed the antenna only slightly, but it is still an external antenna. As far as your issue, a case or bumper will "fix" your issue. Although there are some saying they still have the antenna problem most that seem to say it point out that they have to purposely try to make it happen. All acknowledge that the use of a case or bumper alleviates the issue. As far as the amount you spend and the time you have been a customer...you won't like this answer but it's true...and as I say it be aware that I too have been a long time customer and spend a healthy amount each month on my accounts...when you upgraded your phone it was clearly stated that the return/exchange policy was 14 days. They changed it prior to the iPhone being released, but after your other family members upgraded their phones...which is why they had 30 days to make a change if they wanted to. If you look for the link on the Apple site that I mentioned you should be able to get a free bumper versus paying $30 for it. You may also try asking Verizon Customer service to provide you with one. I don't think you'll have much luck at getting them to let you switch phones despite waiting past the 14 days...and unfortunately, it's difficult for you to be upset about that when you should have been aware of the terms when you upgraded (the paperwork you received shows the 14 days on it if you ordered it...the receipt from the store shows it if you purchased it in-store). I'm not saying that to be snide or anything...it's just the way it is. You can try escalating the issue, but again, it's difficult to justify it if you waited until after the 14 days to want to change the phone especially if the dropped calls are as bad as you state and have been since you've had it. At any rate, if I come across the link again I'll post it, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find it yourself. Just go to apple.com/support and in the search box type "antenna issues iPhone 4" or something similar. Or look at the support area for the iPhone 4....it will likely be somewhere in the troubleshooting area.

0 Likes