Version 6 update
gpd

I  upgraded to v6 on my BlackBerry Curve 9300 and I hated it. I found an article on How to return to previous version of BlackBerry Device Software. I followed directions but now I can not find v5 on the BlackBerry site to download. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Version 6 update
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

gpd wrote:

I  upgraded to v6 on my BlackBerry Curve 9300 and I hated it. I found an article on How to return to previous version of BlackBerry Device Software. I followed directions but now I can not find v5 on the BlackBerry site to download. Any ideas?

Hey,

I had asked some of the higher ups at Verizon to post the OS 5 file on the software download page, but they have not responded to my request.  I will keep trying to get them to post the file.  For now, you will have to either live with the OS 6 or you can look around the web for an unofficial file for the OS 5.

Doc

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

You can download the OS 5 directly from BlackBerry's site by click here.

Hope this helps.

John B

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, John,

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction for the OS 5 download for the 9330.  Although I have a Bold 9650 with OS 6 installed, I am happy there is a way for those 9330 users who are unhappy with the OS 6 upgrade to downgrade back to OS 5.  Again, thanks.

Doc

0 Likes
wendy612

gpd,

If you find a solution, please let me know.  I "upgraded" a couple of days ago.  Ever since, I can't get my calendar appointments reminders to work. I have tried every setting I can find on the thing--nothing works. I depend on that calendar for everything and it's extremely frustrating!  I went to my Verizon store today to have it fixed and they said they fixed it. All they did was put on an alarm to test it (instead of a reminder).  The reminders still don't work.  I can't use the alarm unless I set it to go off enough before the actual event to have time to get there.  Grrrr!  I wish I'd ignored that update as I have those in the past.  Plus, I hate the new display.

Does anybody have any advise to resolve the calendar reminder issue?

wendy612:smileymad:

0 Likes
drabruja

Hi Doc

How secure is to go to the OS 5?. I was ready to do it, but when the page ask the pin number I got so scare. I was so happy with my bb until I upgraded to the V6

0 Likes
drabruja

I am so glad somebody else is having thje same feeling, I hate the new version. I was using my calendar, and now is gone....Is SOOOO annoying

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

drabruja wrote:

Hi Doc

How secure is to go to the OS 5?. I was ready to do it, but when the page ask the pin number I got so scare. I was so happy with my bb until I upgraded to the V6

Hey,

It is fairly safe.  The upgrade page is secure.  First, attach your Blackberry to your computer via the included USB cable.  Then, once you get to the update page for OS 5, click on the tab that is labeled Update.  At the bottom of that page, you will see the button labeled Update.  Click on that Update button and a small loader screen will appear.  From there, it should access your device and probably will show there are no updates at this time for your device.  Click the button in the bottom left corner that is labeled Show Other Versions.  That will show you the OS 5 version you can downgrade to.  From there, just follow the prompts.  If your device is connected before you click the update button, it will not ask for your PIN number.  I hope that helps,

Doc

0 Likes
wendy612

Doc: Thank you so much for your help! My BB is downgrading to v5 as I type (on the other computer). One thing I want to mention to others is, you have to use Internet Explorer. I tried initially on Mozilla Firefox and there was no upgrade button.  Then I read the fine print and realized that I needed to be on IE.

0 Likes