What is the difference between IPhone and Android phones? Anyone
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

All this hype about IPhone coming to Verizon well I dont know what is special with the phone. It was big deal before we had the Android phones and ATT&T come out with IPhone well it was the best out there but the Iphone with VZW wont work the same as AT&T. With ATT&T you can talk on phone and surf the web on their IPhone but not on Verizons network with CDMA so what really is different between IPhone and my Fascinate? Anyone have answer for us?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: What is the difference between IPhone and Android phones? Anyone
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

My husband has the iPhone and one thing he tells me, is that he can't personalize his iPhone with ringtones and such like we can on the Fascinate.  All his music media must go through iTunes.  My screen is bigger.  The cover and battery can be removed for resetting the fascinate where this is not possible on the iPhone (I think don't jsudge if I am wrong abotu this).  The iPhone receives their updates MUCH faster that other phones using other OS.  I'd like to here more responses to your post though as I am sure there are more and more important ones that these few. 

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hey bigfrank69, we truly understand your concern with the excitement regarding the iPhone. Both phones have awesome features and fit the needs of different customers. Your Fascinate is an Android phone and has access to the thousands of Apps in the Droid Market place and the iPhone also has access to thousands of Apps in the Apple store. 

To compare your phones, click here and select the phones you wish to compare. This will take you to a full page of comparisons so you will be able to view exactly what each device has to offer.

Each customer is different and may have different needs for there wireless phone, which is the reason we provide many options to ensure you have the right device. Please do not hesitate to compare the different devices via our website.

Please feel free to contact us regarding additional comparison questions. 

Thanks,

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

iphone has a front facing camera, side sim card, heavier, Can't customize the screen backgrounds( you can organize apps but no custimization), no notification bar .  The iphone notes the number of emails, texts that come to the account while the Fascinate will put the data in the notification bar no matter what screen you are viewing. Multitasking on the Fascinate is easier than the iPhone, app store for iPhone offers more apps than the androis OS still. Battery life comparably similar.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Android is about choice (openness, multiple form factors, etc); iOS is for those who like having their hands held and being told what to do.  Android does have a greater learning curve since things operate differently and so many things that you can do which frustrates a lot of people since they want it to just work the way they want out of the box.  Definitely isn't for everyone  

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Let's just say that the Apple iPhone 4 may have been designed by Apple, but it was built by LG.

Having said that, some differences are the front-facing camera (iPhone), multitasking (Fascinate), TFT LCD backlit with LED (Apple) vs. Active Matrix Organic LED (Fascinate) although in terms of how it appears, you probably won't see a difference, greater internal storage (16 or 32MB vs. 2MB, iPhone vs. Fascinate), customization with various launchers (Fascinate), and greater language support (iPhone), and virtual touch typing (iPhone) vs. Swype (Fascinate).

The iPhone had a bug that caused it to lose signal strength if you touched the lower left corner of the phone, but they vowed to fix that issue before the Verizon release.  Let's see if that happens.

Also, the iPhone's battery is not easily accessible, a problem if you want to swap out your battery.  A huge positive for the Fascinate if your phone is low on battery and you can't plug your phone in.

Other than these things, I can't think of much else other than different apps that are available.

0 Likes
rkduq20

the one or two differences i actually like about the iphone compaired to the fascinate are the charging port and the placement of where the charger goes. i like the iphone better in these two areas. i like the bigger charging port on the iphone vs the mini usb on the fascinate. it just seems to flimsy and easily knocked around chich then causes problems charging.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rkduq20 wrote:

the one or two differences i actually like about the iphone compaired to the fascinate are the charging port and the placement of where the charger goes. i like the iphone better in these two areas. i like the bigger charging port on the iphone vs the mini usb on the fascinate. it just seems to flimsy and easily knocked around chich then causes problems charging.

the mini usb that the fasciante uses is the standard now for smartphones, most of them use it

the iphone and some bb's are the exception, they want to be different

i like it, i can use my wifes charger, or anyones, and not have to worry about haveing the same phone now

0 Likes
rkduq20

i do agree that it is nice and easy to find a charger now because they are the standard for smartphones.  it just seems to easily breakable to me. i also hate the location on the fascinate. if it would have been on tht bottom i think it would have been much better because then you could actually talk with your phone plugged in possibly.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I'm not a fan of charging ports on the top or bottom.  Makes playing angry birds while charging a pita.

0 Likes