Volume way too low during a phone call...
KVzcool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone!

Whenever I place a call or receive one I can just barely hear the person on the other line. She/he sounds louder when I turn the speakerphone on but for obvious reasons I don't want to have to do that for every call. 

Anyone else experiencing this problem and if so, how can it be fixed? I'd rather save a trip to the Apple store or a VZW store. 

I removed the plastic on the front and applied a PowerSupport Anti-Glare Screen Film which is doing its job really well. I did leave the plastic on the back because I'm waiting for an Otterbox case to be avail for purchase. 

Thanks for the help. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Volume way too low during a phone call...
KVzcool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to a collaborative effort this has been resolved for me.

Here is what I did:

1) Held the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time until the phone shut off and the apple logo appeared again.

2) Wore the earbuds and made a call.

3) Pressed the increase volume button on the side of the phone until it was at its max.

4) Removed the earbuds from my ears and iPhone then turned the speakerphone on during that same call.

5) Pressed the increase volume button on the side of the phone until it was at max (while still on speakerphone).

6) Turned off the speakerphone during that same call.

7) Pressed the increase volume button on the side of the phone until it was at max.

😎 Ended the call.

Now during any call received or made, the volume is pretty good. Right on par with my phone before.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Certain films will cover the speaker... 

0 Likes
PSU5150

Take the protective plastic off......you should get together with my wife!!!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

does your screen film cover up the speaker? have you turned the volume button up? not trying to be smart here...but i've seen others miss these things.

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but you could try turning up the volume

0 Likes
KVzcool
Enthusiast - Level 2

@heyitsmejosh

@AZSALUKI

The screen film cover does not cover the speaker whatsoever and I did turn the volume up to its max. 

0 Likes
Macaddict
Contributor - Level 1

If you've removed the protective cover that it shipped with, and you say you have, the anti glare shield should already have a cut out for the speaker at the top.  If that's not the problem try turing the volume up WHILE you are on a call. 

0 Likes
KVzcool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Macaddict wrote:

If you've removed the protective cover that it shipped with, and you say you have, the anti glare shield should already have a cut out for the speaker at the top.  If that's not the problem try turing the volume up WHILE you are on a call. 

@Macaddict

That's correct and I did turn up the volume using the button on the side of it during my calls. 

0 Likes
Louisiana

The last poster is correct. Place a call and then push the volume buttons up and down, the speaker will light up on the screen and show you where your volume is set and press the + button on the side next to the ringer switch to increase. If it is at max while on the call (not on speaker because that volume adjusts separate), not the protective film, not your hearing (that's a joke) then you will have to get a replacement.  Good luck

0 Likes
Macaddict
Contributor - Level 1

Hmm, that usually works.  You can try rebooting the phone but I'm not sure if that will help.  Hold the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time until the phone shuts off and the apple logo appears again.

0 Likes