Old plan with unlimited data
GFunk

Greetings,

I have an older plan that has unlimited data.  Will I be able to keep my plan when I upgrade to the iPhone? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Old plan with unlimited data
slimey717

They are keeping their unlimited data for 3G for $29.99.  They aren't stingy like AT&T.

0 Likes
GFunk

My current plan, which has since been phased out, doesn't charge me $29.99.  The text and data are included with my plan.  I know that I'm going to have to pay to have a smartphone since I refused to get a smartphone if it wasn't the iPhone, but will they let me keep my current plan where everything is included?

0 Likes
slimey717

Doubtful, now you have to pay for unlimited texting, which I believe is $25 a month for the whole plan (all lines).  But that's to anyone, not just Verizon.  The unlimited data I know you'll have to upgrade to the $29.99.  The prices may be close to they same, they just like to divide it up now to give people more options.

0 Likes
HonnyBrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get an iPhone from someone other than Verizon.  You can activate it and still get the Verizon support, but keep your unlimited data.

I went through The Cell Phone Nerd on eBay and got an iPhone 4s, locked for the Verizon network.  I called VZW to activate it and had no problems with my contract.

You only lose your data plan if you upgrade through Verizon.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

HonnyBrown wrote:

You only lose your data plan if you upgrade through Verizon.

This is incorrect. You only lose your unlimited data plan if you accept a phone subsidy. You can purchase a phone with a subsidy at Best Buy, Amazon or any other 3rd party. If you accept a phone subsidy at any of those retailers, you will lose your unlimited data plan.