How to download photos from Incredible to my computer? I don't have a storage card.
fiberartist

Yes, I am a newbie and probably will have several questions.  Here's my first question --- I have several photos on my Incredible and want to download them directly to my computer.  I don't have a storage card in my phone.  I don't want to post/use my photos on Flicker, FaceBook, or any other sharing/public website.  I've connected my phone to my computer and searched for image files on the phone, but I can't find or access the photos anywhere.  Seems like you should be able to connect the phone to the computer - and - then copy/move the photo files to a file on your computer.  Thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
Re: How to download photos from Incredible to my computer? I don't have a storage card.
budone
Legend

When you connect the phone to your PC, unlock the screen and pull down the notification bar. You will see a line stating, Charging Only'. Click on it and choose the option 'Mount as disk.'

You may get a popup on your PC to load a VZW program, just close that box out.

Now lookon your PC  and you will see the drives for your phone.

As a side note I think all Incredibles come with a SD card installed.

0 Likes
Re: How to download photos from Incredible to my computer? I don't have a storage card.
fiberartist

I appreciated the prompt answer to my question.  I have tried several times and have not had much success.

After I connected my phone with a USB cable to my PC.  Then I turned on my phone and accessed/pulled down the Notifications bar - There wasn't anything about "Charging..."

I then went into my settings and changed my "Connect to PC" settings so that the USB Connection type equals "disk drive" as default.   I unmounted and remounted the phone device on my PC and again nothing happened or showed up on the Notifications bar.

On my PC - if I look at the folders under device/drive shown as my Android Phone -  All I can see are the following items:

drv <--- folder

img <--- folder

autorun.inf

TL-Bootstrap.exec

tlbs.ini

When I click on the "drv" and the "img" folders there is nothing there that would get me to see any photo files on either my PC or my phone.  [ Can I see the photos on my phone?  Answer is Yes  - My husband asked me that question. ]

When I tried to manage my Verizon subscriptions --- I keep getting a message about some sort of merging of accounts between Verizon Wireless and some other Verizon entity.  So now I can't even get in to manage my subscriptions, so  I can't click on "My Profile" or anything else under my account.

This fiberartist is frustrated.  It shouldn't be that hard.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Plug the phone is while powered up. When you open the screen you should automatically see an option screen with ,

Charge Only

HTC Sync

Disk Drive

Mobile Broadband Connect.

Choose disk drive.

If you do not see it, keep the phone connected and from the main screen choose:

MENU>SETTINGS>CONNECT TO PC> Make sure ASK ME is checked mark. This allows the above menu to show up when you plug your phone into your PC.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

what do you mean you dont have a storage card?

there should have been one in it from the factory.

did you remove it?

if theres no card this could be the issue, i think thats what your moounting to the computer

0 Likes