Incoming calls straight to voice mail
jgterrymi

All incoming calls on my Droid are going straight to voice mail.  I receive voice mails and messages and can connect to the web without a problem.  When someone calls me they report it goes straight to voice mail.  Any suggestions on what to do?

0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls straight to voice mail
Wildman
Legend

Can you make calls out, if so have you tried dialing *228 and #1 and go through programing again, I had that happen before and that was what I had to do to get it correct itself.  Another thing have you installed or uninstalled anything recently because I have had applications restrict access to phone or web for some reason, usually a restart will resolve and if that dont work a hard reset is another option..

0 Likes
jgterrymi

Outgoing calls are not a problem.  I tried the *228, but that didn't seem to fix it.  Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

jgterrymi wrote:

All incoming calls on my Droid are going straight to voice mail.  I receive voice mails and messages and can connect to the web without a problem.  When someone calls me they report it goes straight to voice mail.  Any suggestions on what to do?

Hi.  I can understand your frustration that all incoming calls are going to voicemail and I will be happy to look into this for you.   I did read above that you have tired to *228 option.   How long has this been going on?  Did you download any type of application before you was having this issue?

Waiting on your reply :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Try this:

• Dial *73.
  • Press Send and wait for confirmation beeps / message.

To ensure that your settings or changes are saved to the persistent memory storage on your advanced device, it is important to power your device off before removing your battery.

1. Power your device off.
  2. Completely remove the battery and wait for approximately 10 seconds.
  3. Re-insert the battery and power the device on.

Hope this helps:smileywink:

davidkhold

Having the same problem.  All calls go directly to voicemail.  Tried dialing *73 and powering down but that didn't help.  Took the phone to Verizon about a month ago and whatever they did helped but only temporarily.  Can you help?

0 Likes
momx3drr

I've started having the same problem with my calls going straight to voice mail.  I'm not sure what's going on but this is my 3rd Droid & I'm ready to call Verizon to have them replace it with something else.  My husband works out of town & is really hard to get ahold of at times so when he does call, I want to talk to him.  He gets frustrated because I don't answer my cell but I don't even know he calls until I see that I have a voice message. 

I guess I'll call tonight when I get home because I need a cell that is reliable. 

0 Likes