E-Mail Problems
moosemama
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid X is suddenly not picking up my Comcast e-mails. What's up with that?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E-Mail Problems
moosemama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, Cody! It worked! My test e-mail actually came straight to my phone! Mark this one as solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

See thread posted earlier (by me) ...  There appears to be a network outage going on ... depending on where you live. 

0 Likes
moosemama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure if this is the answer or not - I'm in Indianapolis, IN.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Sorry ....   so to be clear, is it just EMAIL that is no longer working for you?  Can you be a bit more specific what error you're getting? I assume this has worked for you before just fine and suddenly stopped?

0 Likes
moosemama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it is just e-mail that is not working. It was fine before - but for several days, I've not been getting my e-mails on my phone. I still get them on computer - just not on my phone. I deleted the account and put it back on the phone. That seemed to work for a day or 2 but now even that doesn't work.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

You could try going into Settings / Applications - scroll down to the email App you're using and click on it.  Then click on "CLEAR CACHE" and/or "CLEAR DATA"  ...  sometimes things get "stuck" in the system requiring a refresh.   Which APP are you using for email?

Let us know if that works.

0 Likes
moosemama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using Comcast as my e-mail account. I've been refreshing it and that does help occasionally but doesn't solve the overall problem.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

But which APP are you using to access Comcast?  I don't see a "COMCAST EMAIL" App ..  So yes, you probably have it configured in My Accounts, but how are you accessing the email?

0 Likes
moosemama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry! The e-mail APP on my phone - it's the envelope with the red @ in it.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Bring up the APP, go into EMAIL SETTINGS and check what your EMAIL DELIVERY options are.  Specifically, what is DATA PUSH set to and what is the FETCH SCHEDULE set to? You don't have "SYNC OVER WiFi only" set do you?

0 Likes