Flash Player
sambrew
Why is it that verizon will sell a "smart" phone that is NOT flash player compatible, knowing good and well that it is required to view certain pages on their (Verizon ) website? How am I supposed to purchase items for my daughters prepaid phone that does not have free web access? It is very frustrating to know I paid for a "smart" phone,... that isn't !
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Flash Player
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

sambrew wrote:
Why is it that verizon will sell a "smart" phone that is NOT flash player compatible, knowing good and well that it is required to view certain pages on their (Verizon ) website? 

You may not know that NOT playing flash is the norm.  You've heard of iphone?  Flash requires much processing power and data usage; in the past unavailable in any phones until recently in the most advanced android phones.  So "smart" and "flash" are NOT synonymous.  Flash is not required to view Verizon's website.  First, there are both mobile and desktop versions of websites.  The mobile version has less data and is more easily handled by a phone.  I viewed the Verizon website all the time on my dumbphone using wap.  I know it has been updated since then and don't know what effect that had.  You may wish to experiment with other browsers.  You can download Opera; it compresses the data to make it easier for a phone to handle.  There is Dolphin, Steel, Skyfire.  I believe Skyfire transmits the Flash from the website to their own servers, converts it to a different format, then retransmits to your phone. May be usable but not work everywhere.   

How am I supposed to purchase items for my daughters prepaid phone that does not have free web access?

Have no idea what you mean.  Could you do that on a PC or at a store or on a phone, jus sayin?

It is very frustrating to know I paid for a "smart" phone,... that isn't !

Don't feel bad--you probably got your money's worth and it is probably a good phone.  You didn't specify what kind.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Isn't android the only mobile os that does have flash? And, as was stated before, only recently (within the last 6 months) on the high end devices.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

it's highly overrated imo.  Until it's hardware optimized for cell phones, it's still going to be worthless.  Skyfire is probably the better option right now.

0 Likes