Re: Droid X keeps turning off and on!
hajomama

They couldn't get it to reset so they are sending another phone. Said I should get it in 2 days WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!  withdrawls have already started....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I know that hurts wished they coud've got it goin for ya: im on my 3rd incredible an what gets me is it was a softwear issue that HTC could have fixed before i even got a incredible but they kept blaming other issues an it was after being on the phone for 3 hours with a T3 tech an then again 2 hours in the following days and him taking a incredible home with him an doing test at home then talking to employees that work in his dept. an they to had the same issue he wrote a ticket an sent it to HTC an they finally resolved the issue: But i would've had to take back my first or second Incredible at all. When u get your new X let us know on the forum. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

hajomama wrote:

My phone keeps turning off and on continuously for the past hour!  I get the txt Droid then the eye then my screen comes up for a split second then it starts all over again non stop. I've removed the battery and let it sit for about 10 min. replaced the battery and it starts up again doing the same thing! Help!!

I had a similar issue when I first got the X. Never really found out what caused it and had to get a replacement. However, one of the good people here suggested using only a Motorola OEM charger. I got an OEM car charger and another wall charger and haven't had the restart problems since (knock wood). Also, try to use the wall charger most often.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

One more thing id like to tell Ya hajo is I'D be leary to hook it up to the P.C. again but there is a neet thing u can do since u have a gmail account an ur contacts are on the X is u can go on your pc to ur gmail account an u'll see ur contact list that u have on the X on ur P.C. an if u need to update it or ad more contacts u can there: kind of cool isnt it . :smileyvery-happy:

thank ya loyd ::smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
OsheaG
Contributor - Level 2

To complete a Factory Reset, please follow these steps.

---Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.  Please be sure to have your contacts backed up.

• Turn off the phone
  • Press Power + Home at the same time  
  • You may also press and hold Power + Home + Volume Down until display shows android triage screen
  • You should see "!" in a triangle with Android guy
  • Press the search hardkey - this will unhide the menu and show the following options 
  • Reboot system Now
  • Apply sdcard:update.zip
  • Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  • Wipe Cache Partition
  • Use VOL Down key to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", press camera key to select option and wipe device.

0 Likes