Droid X keeps turning off and on!
hajomama

My phone keeps turning off and on continuously for the past hour!  I get the txt Droid then the eye then my screen comes up for a split second then it starts all over again non stop. I've removed the battery and let it sit for about 10 min. replaced the battery and it starts up again doing the same thing! Help!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X keeps turning off and on!
TaeSong
Contributor - Level 1

It might be an app you installed.  Try doing a reset.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

is you batt fully charged! an is this the original battery that came with X  Try a doing *228 send then 1 an see if that helps. Remove you Apps one by one an see if the problems stops if it does u found it: if u have an task killers remove them as this can mess things up.

0 Likes
hajomama

Yes the battery is fully charged and it is the one that came with the phone. Can't do anything with it because it shuts off and comes back on but as soon as the screen comes up to slide and unlock it pops right back to Droid then the eye. Every week I plug it into the computer with the cord it came with and back up my files.  It was working fine and I did my back up and then it started doing this...

0 Likes
hajomama

It shuts off and comes back up before I can type *228 in and I don't know how to do a reset

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Some thing from computer has possibilly got on there  while hooked up to it  U'll will probably half to Do a reset

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Call customer sevice an tell them whats going on an have them walk u thru a reset they can do it after u do the reset dont charge from the computer use the charger that came with it.

when u call verizon punch the no. for Teck Srvs.

0 Likes
hajomama

Can you tell me the steps for resetting?  Kinda new at the new fancy smancy phones :smileyhappy:  ( Used my old StarTac for about 10 years ( you know when phones were just for making quick calls when away from home) LOL

0 Likes
hajomama

ok Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it!  Keep warm! :smileywink:

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ur welcome the reason i recomended calling teck is those guys no what there doing an can look up ur account an trouble shoot with you on the phone an recomend what to do: or help u reset it.   good luck to ya let me Know when its up n running again. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes