Getting user ID/can't login to BB account
tstradtm

This one is really driving me crazy.  My BB bold works just fine, can send/receive email, browse the web, make phone calls etc.  However, when I try to 1) use the the application manager on the BB; 2) login to the vzw.blackberry.com site on my pc; 3)  set up Outlook to access the account , I keep getting a message to the effect that the user ID/passowrd don't match.  So I go into the "forgot password" link.  If I enter the PIN, I get a message on the BB with the password that I've typed several dozen times.  What I need is what is the User ID that it is looking for.  I've tried with and without the @vzw.blackberry.net, variations of the spelling (including the misspelling that was done by the salesperson when I first got the BB).  A "Send my user ID to to my BB" link would be extremely useful.  All the config screens on the BB have the same ID (EX: xyzzy@vzw.blackberry.net) I spent several hours at the local store (mostly with them on the phone to various tech support people), then an additional hour or more at home with tech support the firstt ime this happened.  It worked fine for several days, and the userid/password mismatch problem came back.  Is there any what to find out what user ID the BB is REALLY connected with?  Any thoughts/suggestions/answers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Getting user ID/can't login to BB account
RCA

I've read your questions a few times and I'm still a little confused. If your trying to use Outlook to poll your @vzw.blackberry.net email account it's not going to work. That email account can only be viewed on the phone.

0 Likes
tstradtm

I'm not trying to read the BB email in Outlook, syncing the calendar and contacts is what I'm after.  Getting Outlook synced works for the most part, right now I can't update Outlook's calendar from the BB, but I can update the BB from Outlook.  Contacts work fine in both directions.  But I also can't download any apps or updates to the BB, because I can't get into the blackberry.net account without the right userID/password.  I know the password is right, because it is what is sent to the BB if I use the "Send a password" with the PIN.  And the BB shows the correct bb.net address on all the config pages that I've found. 

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I had a hard time also following what you needed exactly, however, if you are trying to syncronize your Blackberry device with Outlook, here is a "how-to" web page you can go to.  It will tell you how to set up sync with your Blackberry.  You do not need any Pin numbers or passwords to do this.  Go to http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-setup-your-blackberry-sync-outlook for more.

Doc

0 Likes
tstradtm

StreetDocRN:  Thanks for the link, very good information there.  I wish I would have visited crackberry.com ages ago.  However, I've been through this process (in a more roundabout way).  What ends up happening is the BB desktop reports "Unknown Error".  Further research shows that Outlook has to "know" about the vzw.blackberry.net account before it can sync both ways.  But I can't get into the BB.net account, to tell Outlook what it needs.  Furthermore, I can't do anything on the BB that requires authentication to the BB.net account (download apps, update phone OS, etc.).  It almost seems like it is a "ghost" account - It can be used by BB, but it isn't really there for anything else.  It's not a life threatening ordeal, not getting calendar events syncing properly or downloading an app or two, but eventually I can see a significant OS upgrade that I can't get that will really start to break things.

Cheers,

Tim

0 Likes